They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The solution to the version 4 project file corruption issue

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Re: The solution to the version 4 project file corruption issue

Postby Gooder » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:21 pm

Steve,

Not to put a damper on things but how does it work with the other bugs?

I really liked the feature of the music beats but has that been fixed and what about the othe minor bugs?

If these bugs remain then what is the point of upgrading?

Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:24 pm

For the Beat Detect issue;
to prevent the spaces between clips do not use the Create Slideshow option, just drag the clips to the timeline and that is suppose to work.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:35 pm

Or you can use the Create Slideshow feature (set it to change at unnumbered markers) -- but expect you might need to go through and manually extend a photo or two to fill in the gaps. (The gaps don't happen consistently, which is why I'm not convinced the problem is related to default still duration setting. In fact, you may find it's not even a problem at all for you.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:42 pm

I was told that the problem will not occur if you just drag the clips to the timeline, is that not the case?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob D » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:15 pm

I would like to add another caution to the issue of undocking the panels. I have been able to recreate this a couple of times so I'm confident it is an issue, but probably not something that everyone would do.

My two monitor set up has me putting the monitor panel on the monitor to my right. All other panels are on the left monitor. I used to detach the timeline panel, but we all know now to leave that one alone. But when you drag the monitor panel away it reveals a "Disc Layout" panel. Personally, I don't need that (wasted real estate) so I took that panel and put it to my right monitor, but eventually decided I didn't want it around until I needed it. So I clicked the 'X' to close out the window/panel completely. This is fine until you try to output to Disc.

When you click Disc then an error window pops up to send an error report to Microsoft. After clicking out of this PE4 will shut down. So you can't get to any of the features of the Disc output... like burning to disc or to folder.

The thing to remember is to not close out the Disc Layout panel.
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:46 pm

Thanks Bob, very good advice :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Stregga » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:01 pm

Wheat King wrote:Stregga, Is this for all the new effects? How does one get rid of the watermark? My guess is that it'll cost ya??? :lol:

King,
I don't know if it's for all the effects or not, I just tried the new blue effects and it gave me the watermarker. I was just testing it to see if I could use the effects till the corruption bug was fixed (which Steve found the fix). When I checked it in PE3 and saw the watermarker I didn't look into it any further, but I will check. As far as how to get rid of it, you got me. #-o
It's similar to the one Adobe puts on PE3's trial download version.
Gateway GM5664 Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz, 1TB HDD (2 x 500GB) 3.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400XT (256MB OBM) Realtek HDSC Dual 19" Monitor Display
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Gooder » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:50 am

Chuck Engels wrote:For the Beat Detect issue;
to prevent the spaces between clips do not use the Create Slideshow option, just drag the clips to the timeline and that is suppose to work.

Thanks for that, Chuck!
We can always amend the gaps if any show!

Good tip Steve with that (unnumbered markers).

Thanks,
Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:51 am

I think this is ridiculous to have do all these things when working with the fourth generation of a software to get it to work properly. There's no excuse for it.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Robert Barnett » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:00 am

Wow what a bizarre little bug. You really wouldn't expect the moving of a palette to a different monitor to trigger such a thing. I am amazed that it was tracked down so quickly. I guess all of the complaining here and on Adobe's (still horrible) forums paid off. So at least now we have a workaround until a patch comes out. Nice!

Robert
Robert Barnett
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:20 am

Anyway, this whole thing has kind of emphasized to me that, although it may not be obvious, Adobe really does care about maintaining the quality of its software, even at the consumer level. They know this market can be very fickle, and one piece of buggy software can kill a whole line.

I was very impressed with Adobe's response to my concerns and, particularly under Mike Iampietro's guidance, I think we'll continue to see a more responsive company with regards to this app.

Hope you'll prove me right, Mike!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Doreen L. » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:37 am

Steve, you've got to be kidding me here. You're congratulating a company for putting out a product with known problems. How's that?

And with the help of some people here, there are now workarounds to some ofthe problems. You were impressed with their responsiveness? Where was their responsiveness before the product was released? Where was their responsiveness to the beta testers?
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:52 am

All I know is that I'm happy with the product now and that Mike and his team made a real effort to resolve my issues.

Yes, you're right. It's still not perfect. But I don't think Adobe is negligently dumping junk software on the market either.

And this round, I'd watch for a patch or two. Mike was always very proactive with Pinnacle's Studio software, whatever it's flaws, and I'd expect him to be at least as much so with Premiere Elements (which has a much more stable fundamental base).

At least that's how I feel this week. I'm willing to give this team the benefit of the doubt here at this point, Doreen. That may well change in another couple of months but, for now, I'm feeling good about this software again.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerry » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:17 am

But until a patch, the title animations are still buggy, true?

I still can't figure out how to keep a title on the screen longer than its animation.
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:29 pm

I've been wondering when you would pop in here with this observation Chuck. For me, I like the ability to undock and move things around at will, and have been doing so on a dual monitor setup for a while. I also separate the timeline. Although Steve (and others) are happy to have found that the project files are not really corrupt, I think this is still a significant weakness of this version. I'm still working with Version 2, after having tried and being disappointed in Version 3. Got my money back and returned to Version 2. I think I may continue to stay with it.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

PreviousNext

Return to Prior Versions