They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Can't download from members area...

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Can't download from members area...

Postby jackfalbey » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:31 pm

I tried a few weeks ago to download all the new goodies in the members area, but when I get to the "Member Download" window where I can choose either the NTSC or PAL file and I click the "Download" button, the "File Download" window shows that I am about to download "free.htm" (a 521 byte file). This happened for every file I tried. I thought it might be a temporary problem with the server or something, but it still happens now.

After download, when I click on "free.htm" I get the following message:

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 Member Downloads
Number of products which you may download on this page : 1

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/17643/domains/muvipix.com/html/phpipnmonitor_v480/store/free.php on line 112

I am using IE6 and haven't changed settings or switched software... I haven't had this problem with Muvipix before or with any other websites to date. Any ideas? :scratch:
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Can't download from members area...

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:34 pm

Hi Jack, are you using a download manager? They tend to cause problems with the security on our site.

Also, the first time you press the Free button you will have log in again, are you getting the second log in?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby jackfalbey » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:52 pm

Chuck, I am getting the second log in, just like always...

Actually, I use MSN9 internet software (which builds on IE6, a throwback to my dial-up days) to connect to the internet because I didn't want to go through the hassle of changing my e-mail address and because I have hundreds of links in my "Favorites". MSN does use a download manager, but I have downloaded all the goodies from Muvipix up until October with MSN's download manager and had no problems.

Prompted by your suggestion, I tried opening an IE6 browser window straight from the desktop without MSN and was able to download from Muvipix. So, problem solved with a workaround. I just don't understand why something that worked in the past doesn't work now... :-k

Such are the mysteries of PC computing...
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:41 pm

Maybe Ron has the answer, new software was put in place in September that might be the answer.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ron » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:23 am

No, it's the Download Managers (maybe their software update?).

They would like to download straight to the source file that is [quasi-] controlling our security. We have a system in place that hides the actual download file link, so people can't simply send the links to others, which is of course why we have 2 logins. The Download Managers can't decipher this and want to download the first file it comes to thinking it's the file to be downloaded, when it's actually a script that controls it, hence the "free.htm" error. ((Try to download a PHP file and it will always revert to htm and be empty because it's a script))

Hope that explains it without going into too much detail :)
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jackfalbey » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:08 pm

It was probably one of the dozen or so monthly Microsoft "security updates" that changed the way the download manager works... I just love how they do so much to make the computing experience "easier"...

At least I found a work-around. Now as long as Bill G. and his boys don't try to add a download manager to IE6 I'll be okay! [-o<
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions