They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Mac Question

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Mac Question

Postby kathyconnolly » Wed May 25, 2011 7:12 pm

I have had my usual technical difficulties with my computer so I have used my daughter's MacBook Pro to make a slideshow as part of my movie. It's saved to a quicktime movie, and I'm wondering how hard it is to import that into Elements. Has anyone done that?

On the positive side, we have a new tech guy in our district that is actually going to help me with my freezing issues. He said that he thinks I need a dedicated graphics card. Does that sound accurate to y'all?

Thanks,
Kathy
kathyconnolly

Re: Mac Question

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed May 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Kathy,
You shouldn't have any problems importing the Quicktime file into Premiere Elements.
I've used them in projects on occasion without any trouble.

If your computer has on board graphics, not a separate graphics card, then yes that could definitely be a problem.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 26, 2011 7:28 am

Yep. As Chuck says, just Share/Computer your slideshow from the Mac version as an MOV using the NTSC DV preset and it will load right into a Windows Premiere Elements DV project, no problem.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kathyconnolly » Tue May 31, 2011 7:44 pm

Okay. I finally got the mac slideshow imported, but when I play it in PE7, it has discolored slides... like with a black tint... almost Al Jolsonish.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'd love to be done with this tonight. I can show the Apple Slideshow if I need something, but I really wanted to put some video in it. :(

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tx:
kathyconnolly

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 am

At what point are you seeing these tinted slides, Kathy? Is it on your preview when you play the timeline in Premiere Elements or when you output the file as a video or DVD?

Quite likely what you're seeing is the result of using oversized slides. Have you ensured that your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size before you loaded them into your slideshow?

And did you render your timeline (press Enter) so that the red lines above the clips on your timeline turn green before you played the slideshow in Premiere Elements?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kathyconnolly » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks, Steve. I tweaked it a little bit, and I at least got three disks burned (but it was before I put a title so it's entitled "Your Title Here". :oops:

I think my pictures were too large, and I resized them. It actually came out pretty good. I decided to try to add a title, and when I went back to burn it stopped working. Do you think I should not save and log out? Will it have to go through encoding all over again?

Thanks so much. I really apologize for having so many questions. I promise I read your book! I told our tech director all about you and Chuck!

::C
kathyconnolly

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:43 am

Thanks for spreading the good word, Kathy!

It sounds like you're well on your way. But you have corrupted something by re-rendering.

Try this. Go to File/Save As and save your project under a new name. Make sure to create a new folder for the project file. (This won't affect anything else in the project. It will just put your project file in a new location so that it can start rendering fresh.) Also, go to the program's Timeline menu and select Delete All Render Files. And then, for good measure, go to the program's Preferences and clear the Media Cache.

That should give the program a nice, clean workspace for your final rendering. Press Enter so that it renders your timeline -- then your output should go easy cheesy.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 7