They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Matching Up Audio

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Matching Up Audio

Postby kathyconnolly » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Is there any easy way to do this? I have all sorts of clips that I'm trying to put together, and I'm having trouble linking up the sound. Also, is there a way of moving a clip over just a tiny bit?

Thanks,

Kathy #-o
kathyconnolly

Re: Matching Up Audio

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:07 pm

What do you mean "matching up audio", Kathy? Are you saying that your audio is out of sync with your video, or are you trying to do some other kind of matching?

The easiest way to nudge a video clip is to zoom in as far as you can on the timeline using the slider or by pressing the + button on your keyboard. When you are zoomed in as far as possible, you will be able to move your clips as little as a frame at a time.

Another trick is to use the timeline's CTI (playhead). Position the CTI at the spot you want to nudge your clip to and then just click on the clip and give it a little push. It should snap right to the CTI's position!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Holding down the ALT key while pressing the right of left arrow will move the clip one frame at a time.
Add the Shift key and it will move 5 frames at a time ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kathyconnolly » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 pm

I will try the CTI next. Do y'all want to look at my video here? Don't make fun of me for lips not matching talking.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3UCcVBuutw[/youtube]
kathyconnolly

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:02 am

I don't think exact sync in this video matters as much as you think, Kathy. It's so much fun, that no one is going to notice a mismatch here and there! Especially since so little of it is shot in close-up.

But, if you're determined to sync lips to sound, there is no shortcut. You just have zoom in on that area of the timeline and tweak the video's position until it matches.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Okay Kathy, the teachers are having all of the fun! Very creative too. At least I now know what those 'Teacher Work Days' were all about. :-D Forgot to ask last time...which one is you?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby kathyconnolly » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 am

I redid it yesterday so it looks way better now. The sound is still blippy, but that's okay. I will post the new one this evening.

I am in the Beyonce one. I appear about in the middle (after the cafeteria ladies) in a group of four women. I'm the woman in the front with dark hair and no rhythm.

::lol::
kathyconnolly

Postby kathyconnolly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:48 am

I keep forgetting to put the new one on youtube, and I swear it's better than the one above. I only remember when I'm at school where youtube is blocked. (We're always in chains, being oppressed by the man!)

My question now is making a dvd with all three of my videos on it. Will I lose the quality (lol, it's not very quality) of the footage if I save it as an mpg or whatever the format is? Technically I can figure out how to do it, but what is the best way with the best quality?

Thanks!

Kathy
kathyconnolly

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:01 am

Assuming your videos aren't longer than 70 minutes, you won't lose quality if you:
1) Share each by going to Share/Computer/AVI using the DV preset.
2) Open a new DV project and add the three videos to the timeline.
3) Use Share/Disc to burn a DVD.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kathyconnolly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:44 pm

OMG, they're not longer than 70 minutes. Four minutes is too much work for me!

I revised my last video. The background was too dark before with their black outfits. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB15q8U_JzM[/youtube]

Does anyone know a quick way to download a youtube video? I've bought conversion software, but it never seems to work. I just need a tiny clip of Lady Gaga. :tx:

Kathy
kathyconnolly

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:42 am

YouTube has an option below the player to download (MP4, FLV, MP3) the video. You may need to be on YouTube's website.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 7