They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

imported video pixelates

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

imported video pixelates

Postby vidiac1212 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi Again Everyone.
I've been having an issue with some of the video clips I'm working with, with pixelating and then the sound track no longer matches the clip when I bring them into PE7 from my file folders. The Clip plays fine in windows media just fine. The file is an mpeg2. Have I broken my PE7 ?

Appreciate your help.
THanks
monica
vidiac1212
New User
New User

Re: imported video pixelates

Postby Paul LS » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:48 am

MPEG clips can sometimes be troublesome for Premiere Elements. However, have you rendered the timeline by hitting the Enter key on your keyboard. The red line above the clips should turn green.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby vidiac1212 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:38 am

Yes, my timeline is rendered. I did not render the mentioned clip, i just took it out. The video was running about 3 seconds ahead of the audio after I imported it, so I un-linked the two and matched the audio portion to the video. I still wasn't happy with it though. This happened briefly with another clip and it worked fine after I re-imported it. Not this time though. Both clips are coming from my external hard drive and I was wondering if it has something to do with the transerfer over the usb cable.

Perhaps I'm my own worst enemy. I rarely convert my clips to AVI and just use my mpegs. But I've never had this pixelating problem before now.

Thanks for your help.
vidiac1212
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:09 am

MPEGs can use a number of compression methods for both their video and audio as well as a number of compression levels, so your results aren't always predictable.

If you convert to DV-AVIs, you're dealing with a known quantity, so your results are always predictable. And, in addition, you don't have to continually render as you work, so they work much more efficiently as source footage.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vidiac1212 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Thanks Steve for your response. Ya know, I always use my Adobe PS when I first import footage from my camera or SD card. Now since Adobe isn't too fond of mpeg, I wish they would come up with a way to offer ""Format type" upon import. That would make life so much easier don't ya think?

Oh, I almost forgot. OK, so beacuse I am aware of things that can happen with mpegs and PE7, and my project is rather large, I finalized each of the 3 sections into DV-AVI and saved them to my hard drive. Now when I imported the 3 different segments, I can't seem to get new cross fade transitions to work that I want to add between the clips at all. I can live without 2 of them but the middle one is really important.
THanks again and have a great day.

monica
vidiac1212
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Can you post a screen capture of that segment of your timeline?

There are a couple of reasons a transition may not work.

Zoom your timeline in pretty close so we can see if, for instance, there's a tiny video clip hiding between your AVIs.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vidiac1212 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:38 am

Steve, BINGO, You're the best. I did find a tiny clip just as you suspected. Thanks so very much.

monica
vidiac1212
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 am

:-D :-D :-D

It's great when I learn by my own mistakes!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 7