They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Flipping perspective?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Re: Flipping perspective?

Postby Bob » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Select the clip on the timeline and click on the properties button. Twirl down the motion properties to display the properties contained there. Just over half way down is "Rotation" , look to the right of the panel on that line and there is a field where you can type 180.
rotation.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby Ted » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Wonderful, Bob! Thanks so much for the explanation and the image... your help (along with everybody else who contributed) is very much appreciated. [-o<
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ted » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Okay...thanks to Bob's tutelage and image, I think I was able to acquire the best possible outcome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dChcoysCfY4

I do wish my camera was more "overhead"....but short of buying a crane and hooking it up in my family room, I don't think that's going to happen. ;)

I do wonder how I could get better quality footage? It seems kind of blurry and I don't see an option for HD there.

I'm saving it as .WMV? Should I be saving it as Quicktime?

Are there any other settings I want to change to get the sharpest quality possible?

Thanks very much! :)
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby mark hansen » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:21 pm

If you can't get the camera overhead... can you get a mirror at a 45 degree angle and shoot straight on?

A simple "crane" can be made out of a board. It can attach to the tripod with a standard 1/4 bolt. A standard 1/4 bolt can hold the camera and if needed,some sort of weight to help with the balance. Not too much involved if it will a static shot.
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby roadsideron » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 pm

If your shooting in HD and your project is in HD in PE, then save it as a wmv at 720P. That setting will get you clear HD video on youtube. After you save the file to your harddrive play it on your media player to make sure it's HD quality before uploading it. If not, then something else is going on.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ted » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:51 am

roadsideron wrote:If your shooting in HD and your project is in HD in PE, then save it as a wmv at 720P. That setting will get you clear HD video on youtube. After you save the file to your harddrive play it on your media player to make sure it's HD quality before uploading it. If not, then something else is going on.

Thanks for responding, roadsideron.

I tried it as Quicktime (1920 x 1080), H.264, bitrate: 5000 and it seemed to show better quality.

I'm wondering, however, if your suggestion would mean faster upload/render time.

Thanks again... I'll give it a shot. :)
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Previous

Return to PRE Version 7