They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Creating Text Preset for Lower Third

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Creating Text Preset for Lower Third

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 am

I have created a simple Lower Third in Photoshop. But now I want to be able to place the text, in my case Names, in the same position on the lower third without having to manually move or type the coordinates in each time. Is there a way to create a preset to copy the position and scaling. I am currently using paste attributes. Also, since the text is of varying width (depending on the length of the name), I find that I have to adjust the postion for left to right. Is there a setting so that I can consistently get the start of the name in the same X/Y postion. It seems to act as if the text is being placed as centered on the coordinates and I want it to be "left justified".

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Creating Text Preset for Lower Third

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 am

One solution would be to create a title that's positioned exactly as you'd like it and then, by right-clicking on the title in the Project media panel, select the option to Duplicate it.

Just create a duplicate (a duplicate, not a copy) whenever you want to create a new title with this template.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Steve,
I have already created all of the names. Any ideas on how to move the position without re-doing all of the names?

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:32 pm

As youv'e found, if you select one title and then drag it into position in the video frame, you should be able to right-click on it and use Paste Attributes on the other titles to put them in the same positions.

In fact, if you hold down the Ctrl key as you select all of the titles on your timeline, you should be able to Paste Attributes the positions to all at once!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Steve,
It seems that I am still missing something. Even with the paste attributes, due to the varying lengths of the name, I still have to correct the X coordinate. It seems as if the control point for the name is the center of the name instead of the left side. Am I little clearer with the issue now?

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Everything is clear except how you created the names. How was that part handled?
Bob

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Bob,
I created the names using the Text Tool. I typed the name in for each person on the team. I suppose it would have been smarter to have my simplified lower third on the monitor and created it in the proper position. But that is not how I did it. I typed each one individually in the center of the screen. Now a Paste Attributes from a properly positioned one does not seem to work as the names are of varying lengths and the placement seems to be center-justified.

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7