They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rendering an AVCHD file...?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Re: Rendering an AVCHD file...?

Postby alaskamovieguy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:42 pm

Would love to know which method is better to achieve highest HD quality + lowest size. Wouldn't my method work better because it gets 1920 x 1080?

I believe we are using the same method in that were using the h264 compression algorythim, it's just yours has the mpeg4 'wrapper' and mine has the .mov 'wrapper'. Having now looked at 1080 on youtube and the playback ability of it on my computor ( and most folks computors I suspect ) I will stick with the 720 for now. My youtube videos are primarily for relatives to view who live in the lower 48 and I think the 1080 will just be a pain for them given the minimum difference. ;)
Azus Sabertooth X58 1366 MB, 12GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Intel i7 960 CPU, Nividia GTX 470 Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD Primary Drive, 2- 10,000 RPM 300GB Velicoraptors in RAID 0, Seagate 500GB internal, 750W PSU, Win 7 Pro, BDH 20 burner, Canon HF20 HD camera.
alaskamovieguy

Re: Rendering an AVCHD file...?

Postby ChancyRat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 pm

alaskamovieguy wrote:
Would love to know which method is better to achieve highest HD quality + lowest size. Wouldn't my method work better because it gets 1920 x 1080?

I believe we are using the same method in that were using the h264 compression algorythim, it's just yours has the mpeg4 'wrapper' and mine has the .mov 'wrapper'. Having now looked at 1080 on youtube and the playback ability of it on my computor ( and most folks computors I suspect ) I will stick with the 720 for now. My youtube videos are primarily for relatives to view who live in the lower 48 and I think the 1080 will just be a pain for them given the minimum difference. ;)

Thanks for checking this out. I watched your video on youtube (Nice!). I see it gives the option for 720. One of the ones I've uploaded in HD gives that plus the option of 1920 (I think it was 1920, or was it 1080?). I guess since a viewer has the option of choosing lower resolution, there's no harm in offering the higher type. What do you think is the difference in size - like, a 5 minute mp4 vs a 5 minute mp2, would result in what MB-sized file? If that's a sane question to ask. thanks.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Previous

Return to PRE Version 7