They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

FLV to DVD

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

FLV to DVD

Postby ridon127 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:11 pm

I looked but couldn't find this.. It is probably here.. Anyway, how do I save my video as a FLV file to burn to a DVD? Thanks!!! :-D
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: FLV to DVD

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 am

Donna,
In PrEl 7 you can find the different Flash Video Settings Under the Share Tab.

Share/PC/Adobe Flash.... remember the list is scrollable. It is at the top of the list. Remember you have to set the resolution for your desired output.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:00 am

ridon127 wrote:...how do I save my video as a FLV file to burn to a DVD? Thanks!!! :-D

Donna, do you want to burn as data or video?
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ridon127 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:16 pm

I am running on not alot of sleep. I can't remember anything much less find anything. We have a new baby and she cries all night long. She will get better soon, I hope.. See attached pic.
Back to the FLV stuff. I think I found what i needed.. I need to burn my school yearbook in FLV form to mail to the website admin. So-- I save the video as FLV and then I can burn it to a DVD? right??? I maybe so wrong here but I think that is what i need to do? :-D

Chloe.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Congrats on the new little one Donna :)

If you need any help my daughter is a professional trainer. She is always happy to give out advice and suggestions. Let me know if there is anything she can help you with and I will hook you up ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 pm

I need to burn my school yearbook in FLV form to mail to the website admin. So-- I save the video as FLV and then I can burn it to a DVD? right???

Right. It needs to be burned as a data DVD using whatever DVD burning program you may have.
Bob

Postby Ron » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Bob wrote:Right. It needs to be burned as a data DVD using whatever DVD burning program you may have.

Or a regular CD, if it's not over 600MB, which I'm guessing it's not.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ridon127 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:04 pm

O.k. I burned the flv to a CD.It wouldn't burn to a DVD. When I try to play it, it says Windows Media Player doesn't reconize file and other choice is webhelp which connects to the help page. I need to be able to put this on something the web administrator can upload to the website so the yearbook will play on that site. I don't have access to directly upload it and cannot be given that priviledge. so what am i missing or not getting here?

The program i use to burn it is the one that came with the computer--Cyberlink DVD Suite??
Thanks for your help and patience!!! :-D
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bobby » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Donna, I don't think WMP plays .flv files.

With the CD in the drive, click on My Computer (or Computer), double click on that drive letter, and see if you see a file <so-and-so>.flv - if so, then the file appears to be written to the CD correctly AS A FILE, not as a playable entity.

But you should have been able to write a FILE to either a DVD or CD, so I am suspicious that your writing software is not doing what you think.

If you put a blank CD or DVD in the drive, then right-mouse-click on the file on your C drive, you should see an option that says something like "Send To" and you should be able to select the CD/DVD drive and it will write the data file there. Built into Windows...
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 pm

ridon127 wrote:I need to be able to put this on something the web administrator can upload to the website so the yearbook will play on that site.

If the administrator knows anything about html/websites, then he/she will be able to embed the flv at the site - don't worry too much about that.

And here's our quick little FLV player that I made a few years ago. Simply navigate to the CD drive where it asks for folder and it will play the FLV:

http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/ ... player.zip
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:14 pm

FYI, the free VLC media player will also play FLV files natively.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 7