They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video Copilot's stuff??

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Video Copilot's stuff??

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:37 pm

I've been checking out Andrew Kramer's Video Copilot site, where he has software called "Action Essentials 2" for sale. In the compatibilities list, Premiere's name is mentioned. But being a cautious noob, I thought it might be good to check further in case I'm reading it wrong.

So, does anyone know about this particular software package? And, has anyone used it in Premiere Elements 7, (which is what I have.)

Thanks, all,

Kurt.
Kurt
New User
New User

Re: Video Copilot's stuff??

Postby momoffduty » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Kurt, looked at the product and the elements are prekeyed. Since the elements have an alpha channel, just place them on the track above the video. It comes with textures...bullet holes, burns, etc. and not sure if those have an alpha channel.

I have purchased items from VCP and am very happy with their products.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:25 am

Thanks, Cheryl. I did look at the specs for Action Essentials, but being an infant in terms of software, I thought it best to make sure. :)

One other thing I meant to ask is, (sorry),is the footage compatible with the PAL system?

Kurt.
Kurt
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:34 am

Kurt,

Video Copilot explicitly states that Action Essentials 2 will work with Premiere Elements. There shouldn't be any problem. The elements are all prekeyed with transparency. Just place them on a video track above the one you are compositing with and adjust the scale and position.

The elements themselves are high definition footage, not NTSC or PAL, but you should be able to use them in PAL projects.

I don't have this particular product, but I have purchased other Video Copilot products and have been very satisfied.
Bob

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Bob wrote:Kurt,

Video Copilot explicitly states that Action Essentials 2 will work with Premiere Elements. There shouldn't be any problem. The elements are all prekeyed with transparency. Just place them on a video track above the one you are compositing with and adjust the scale and position.

The elements themselves are high definition footage, not NTSC or PAL, but you should be able to use them in PAL projects.

I don't have this particular product, but I have purchased other Video Copilot products and have been very satisfied.

We pedants are a pain, eh, Bob! :-D Being a babe in the woods, I always double/triple check ever piece of software I buy. For all I know, young Mr Kramer might have been meaning a different version of Premiere Elements... well, that's my excuse....

Thanks for the confirmation, and the answer about PAL vs NTSC, Bob.

Kurt.

Thanks for your confirmation.
Kurt
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 7