They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adobe Premiere Elements Has Encountered A Problem and Needs

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Adobe Premiere Elements Has Encountered A Problem and Needs

Postby Toni » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:18 pm

I am receiving the error message "Adobe Premiere Elements Has Encountered A Problem and Needs To Close - We Are Sorry For The Inconvenience". I have received the error about 111 times now and can't think of anything else to do. (Restart- turn off firewall- turn off wireless Internet connnection- resave project) A search online revealed some changes to the registry for an older version of Premiere but I would like your opinion before I take such a drastic and uncertain step.

Thanks so much.

Toni
Toni
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Adobe Premiere Elements Has Encountered A Problem and Needs

Postby bonnie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:26 pm

I,ve had that happen fairly often,no idea why,usually occures when trying to go from organise to edit,or when trying to use titles,bonnie
bonnie

Postby Bobby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Absolutely do no apply registry changes. There are none sanctioned by Adobe, nor any that I know of either.

I think you need to do a standard cleanout first. Check your anti-spyware software and make sure it is up to date. Make sure you have plenty of space on your hard drive(s) and do a defrag. Use the Windows MSCONFIG utility (ask if you don't know how to run it) and eliminate unnecessary startup programs. Uninstall programs that you don't need that have "sneaked" in from web pages, and most of those Internet Explorer toolbars that you don't really need.

If you don't know how to do that stuff, I recommend using a professional service.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 pm

I recently had the same problem. Fo me it was a video in the Organizer that PRE7 did not like. Everytime I opened PR7E I got the "Adobe Premiere Elements Has Encountered A Problem and Needs To Close - We Are Sorry For The Inconvenience".

I moved that video to another locationso that PRE could not find it. Afterwards PR7E started fine.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 pm

And, of course, here are the Adobe trouble shooting guides for this type of problem:

For Windows XP

For Windows Vista
Bob

Postby Toni » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:59 pm

UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who responded. I took everyones advice and worked my way down the post. I disabled all startup programs and performed the trouble shooting steps at adobe.com but continued to receive the error message right after I started the burn to folder. I then decided to rerun the burn to folder and watch closely to see how far it got in the burn process (I should have thought of this before). I noticed that there was a slight flicker at the start just before it threw up the error message "Adobe Premiere Elements Has Encountered A Problem and Needs to Close Dwn". The burn status showed that at the point where it had stopped it was attempting to encode the very first menu screen out of three. So I decided to redo the menus. I only rebuilt the menus - not the menu markers, saved the project and then restarted the burn and everything worked fine and I got all of my DVD's burned.

Thanks again for all the replies. Happy Holidays.

Toni
Toni
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Yippee, glad to hear it Toni :yh:

That was an excellent job of troubleshooting too :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:24 pm

That's great, Toni!

Menus are generally pretty solid, but I'll have to keep that in mind. We normally see these kinds of problems with gaps or some such problem on the timeline. I'm certainly glad you found the problem!
Bob

Postby Toni » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:18 pm

I am so happy too :yh: - It is a Chrtistmas gift to my mother-in-law and contained a lot of footage of her husband who just recently passed away after our trip together. I am glad that I will be able to give it to her.

I especially want to thank you all for your patience, support and encouragement. Steve was right when he wrote in his book that you could not find a finer group of people. I am very pleased with the project but I would have given up long ago if it hadn't been for you. (And I am not one who gives up easily!)

Toni
Toni
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Bob wrote:And, of course, here are the Adobe trouble shooting guides for this type of problem:

For Windows XP

For Windows Vista

Bob, although the paper is not about performing a Clean Install of one's OS and programs, I note that it suggests installing PE and then running Windows updates.

For my upcoming Clean Install, I was planning to do the opposite, namely, allow Windows (overnight) to automatically download and install all the updates that have come out for XP MCE2005 since I bought the machine and then install each of my programs.

Is there a preferred method for performing a Clean Install?
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:03 pm

When doing a clean install of the Operating System, the preferred method would be to install the OS, then the updates to the OS, and then install the applications and application updates. Finally, run Windows update one more time to pick up updates to OS components that may have been added by an application installation.
Bob

Postby bonnie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:20 pm

would appreciate info regarding "Windows config"and any info on removing startup programs.
while I cean up and defrag requently,my machine is decidedly slow,even starting up,it takes 4 to 5 minutes before the desktop appears.
I have plenty of memory,and there are only elements and premiere,with audacity,i-tunes,Windows media player,vlc media player,adobe readr,quicktime player,norton 360,icons on the desktop,though there appear to be things installed in the "add/remove" area that I have
no idea about.
You are probably correct,Bobby,I may need professional assistance,but it just maybe that ,with your help,I can get things running as they should,afer all,the narration concern's etc have all been laid to rest with Steves/Chucks help,I just wish I had a grandson or daughter,who,no doupt would solve all these things in about 30 seconds !!!!bonnie
bonnie

Postby Bobby » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Press Start, then Run, and type in MSCONFIG. This is the supplied Windows utility that controls automatic startup programs.

Go to the Startup tab and uncheck anything that looks suspicious. You can often find information on these entries by Googling the name and see what you can find out. The problem is that somebody such as yourself with minimal experience in these things can't tell the good from the bad.

Eliminating anything from startup that is questionable is a good place to start.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7