They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Intro Video Prior to Menu

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Intro Video Prior to Menu

Postby crmajor » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Hello, I'm a new member to the site. I am currently using PRE7 with good results and I am pretty capable at creating custom motion menus and custom still menus. I have been trying to create a Intro-Video that would play prior to the Main Menu coming up but having no luck. Is there a trick I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck
Win7 (64bit), MSI Pro-E X58 (Quad i7-965XE 3.8GHz,12GB DDR3-1600), Quadro FX1800 graphics, 1TB system HDD, 2TB RAID-0 vid scratch/processing HDDs, 4TB Vid Storage, Pioneer-DVD,7-1 DVD Duplicator, FX1000 DV Cams, Ext. 8TB Backup, Prod.Premium CS4/CS5
crmajor
New User
New User

Re: Intro Video Prior to Menu

Postby Bill Hunt » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Chuck,

Welcome!

Unfortunately, PrE does not allow Play First (the term most often used for this. Also, it's referred to as the "FBI Warning" in some texts.), in its authoring side of the program.

Many full-featured authoring programs allow this easily. I use Encore, and often have three Play First videos, linking to each in order, and finally to my main Menu. Sony's DVD Architect allows this, and Steve Grisetti even has a Muvipix book on that program. DVD Studio Pro allows it, but it's getting up there in price. Sonic Scenarist allows this, too, but we're now talking about a US$15,000 program for the "starter unit," and the price for the full-boat version with most modules is US$50,000. Of course, one can add some of the really high-end modules, but let's not even go there, OK?

I think that there are several "levels" of the Sony software, so you might want to check the capabilities of each, prior to buying. I also believe that there are other authoring programs, that can do this easily. Others might be able to recommend those. I only use Encore, so do not explore other authoring options that much.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Chuck,

Here's a recent thread, where I asked about .PSD support in DVD Architect. I got my answer early, but there's much good discussion on that program:
http://www.muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6005

There's some good info there, including what you have asked about.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 pm

You can use Sony DVD Architect Studio for that, or you can use the freeware program pgcedit. I used to use this before I purchased DVD Architect Studio.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:11 am

We even offer some tutorials on DVD Architect, including a members tutorials on running a video clip before the menus!
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby crmajor » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks for confirming.
I get alot of use out of elements and I like the "all in one" approach for capturing, editing, keyframing, and authoring. I have been considering PreProCS4 that come in the Master Suite which also includes Encore. Is the the workflow, and interface somewahy similar besides having to export the project to Encore for authoring?

Are there any video quality issues / differences between Encore and DVD Architect?

Thanks
Chuck

I have tried DVD Architect. It allows the "Play First" capability, however, I really like the way I create custom menues in Photoshop Eements 7. You get total control of the graphics and button behavior. Also like the way "still" menus work and blend in with motion backgrounds.
Win7 (64bit), MSI Pro-E X58 (Quad i7-965XE 3.8GHz,12GB DDR3-1600), Quadro FX1800 graphics, 1TB system HDD, 2TB RAID-0 vid scratch/processing HDDs, 4TB Vid Storage, Pioneer-DVD,7-1 DVD Duplicator, FX1000 DV Cams, Ext. 8TB Backup, Prod.Premium CS4/CS5
crmajor
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:17 pm

All of those same DVD authoring functions -- and more -- are also available in DVD Architect, Chuck, for what it's worth. ;)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:00 pm

I have been considering PreProCS4 that come in the Master Suite

Do you already have the Master Suite?

With each new release, Premiere Elements is getting further away from the Premiere Pro interface. But, you should be able to find your way around Premiere Pro. Plus, you'll get After Effects, Photoshop Extended, etc. and there is good integration between them all.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 7