They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Help! Still Struggling with Red Frames

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Help! Still Struggling with Red Frames

Postby George Tyndall » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Background: I wish to assemble with PRE7 a 50-minute movie from ten 5-minute movies, each of which also was created with PRE7.

Each of the 5-minute movies was created from 2288x1520 JPEG photos that were imported into PRE7 with the Available Preset Hard Disk HD 1080i 30 ("Default scale to frame size" checked under Edit>Preferences).

When editing was complete, each movie was exported using the Share>Personal Computer>MPEG>MPEG2 1920x1080i 30 option. These files play back flawlessly in Windows Media Viewer. In addition, when I burn each of these to folder and then burn a SD DVD from that folder, the SD DVDs play perfectly.

Problem: When I import each of those HD MPEG2 (m2t) files into PRE7 Using the Available Preset Hard Disk HD 1080i 30 (1920x1080, which is the same preset I used to share them), I see a number of red frames on the Timeline in some of those 5-minute movies--despite, to repeat, each of them playing perfectly in Windows Media Viewer.

Attempted Solution: I downloaded Nero 9, including NeroVision, and then I created a 50-minute movie on the Nero Timeline that consists of each of the 5-minute HD MPEG2s. THERE ARE NO RED FRAMES ON THIS TIMELINE, so I proceeded to "smart encode" a Blu-ray DVD from this Timeline.

Result: The resulting Blu-ray DVD does have an occasional red frame or segment where the movie, for lack of better words, "comes apart."

Help please!
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Help! Still Struggling with Red Frames

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 pm

Are you playing the disc on your computer or on a set top player hooked to your TV? I guess what I want to know is on what device are you seeing the red frames and breakups, your computer or on TV?

Is Windows Media Viewer the same thing as Windows Media Player?

Are you using a rewriteable BD? If so, have you cleaned it?

When you were burning with Nero Vision, did you see it say "Smart Encoding" in bold black letters while it was actually encoding?
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby roadsideron » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:49 pm

I had the same problem the other day. I created a 10 minute slide show with simple transitions and smart sound music. I outputted the slide show to a WMV 720p and it was flawless. I then reimported it into a preset 1080i project and resaved it to WMV only this time I tried to create a 1080i file and it was full of red frames. I haven't seen that since Studio 8.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:41 am

George, have you looked at the "events" panel (Window -> Events) to see if there are any messages when you get these? Red frames generally indicate a problem with the video frame at a particular location. Lots of things can cause these glitches, if there is an event message, it may help identify the issue.
Bob

Postby Paul LS » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:08 am

George, have you tried defragging your hard drives? I read this solved someones red frame issue over on the Sony Vegas forum. Worth a try...

Also I know VideoRedo did not fix your problems but you could try MPEG2Repair on the short short clips before importing them into NERO:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/MPEG2Repair.htm
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:59 am

RJ Johnston wrote:Are you playing the disc on your computer or on a set top player hooked to your TV? I guess what I want to know is on what device are you seeing the red frames and breakups, your computer or on TV?

On my computer, usng the same LG that burned them.

RJ Johnston wrote:Is Windows Media Viewer the same thing as Windows Media Player?

Yes.

RJ Johnston wrote:Are you using a rewriteable BD? If so, have you cleaned it?

Not using BD-RE.

RJ Johnston wrote:When you were burning with Nero Vision, did you see it say "Smart Encoding" in bold black letters while it was actually encoding?

No, because what I did was to assemble a new HD MPEG2 movie with Nero 9 rather than burn a Blu-ray. Subsequently, I used the MPEG.NVEE movie to burn the Blu-ray DVD which, as I said, still had a few red frames.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:00 am

Bob wrote:George, have you looked at the "events" panel (Window -> Events) to see if there are any messages when you get these? Red frames generally indicate a problem with the video frame at a particular location. Lots of things can cause these glitches, if there is an event message, it may help identify the issue.

I did, Bob, after reading your suggestion, but no events were noted.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:05 am

Paul LS wrote:George, have you tried defragging your hard drives? I read this solved someones red frame issue over on the Sony Vegas forum. Worth a try...

Also I know VideoRedo did not fix your problems but you could try MPEG2Repair on the short short clips before importing them into NERO:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/MPEG2Repair.htm

Paul, as I noted in a post to Steve on another topic in another thread, saving to a HDD with lots more free space did seem to help a lot, but did not completely eliminate the red frames.

I am now working on a method that seems to be eliminating all the red frames. If it is successful, I will describe the method in new post. Thanks for your help!
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:47 am

One more thing, have you tried another media player (Media Player Classic for example or the Nero player) to see if you still have the issue?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:40 am

I am now working on a method that seems to be eliminating all the red frames.

I hope it's successful! I'm looking forward to seeing your writeup.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 7