They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PREMIERE ELEMENTS 7 CLOSES WHEN TRY TO BURN TO DVD

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Re: PREMIERE ELEMENTS 7 CLOSES WHEN TRY TO BURN TO DVD

Postby alaindresse » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi all,

New piece of info that may trigger ideas: enditall signals that two adobe programs stay open after the crash: a PE7 process and photoshopserver.exe with title 'Font Capture'.

Does that trigger any ideas ?

Regards,
Alain
alaindresse

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Might be time for a call to tech support.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby alaindresse » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi,

I contacted Adobe tech support, and they are handling my case although I am well beyond the normal 90 day support period.
The first contacts with support took me through the points of the knowledge base troubleshoting articles, which don't solve my issue (I had tried them as can be seen from earlier posts). The last exchange asked me to provide system info and event logs. Going through the logs revealed other issues with the cdrom that didn't seem related to PE.

In the meantime, I bought a new hard drive, and as I had space to store drive images (I use Acronis TrueImage), I could experiment a bit more with no risk.

I uninstalled Roxio Creator 9, and my problem seems to be gone for good (20 clicks on the Disk button with no crash).

I decided to do so when I discovered on Roxio's site that (1) the versions before 9.1 are not Vista certifed, (2) the version preinstalled on my Vista PC was 9.052, and (3) I was not eligible for the update.

I am hesiting to write to HP asking them to provide me with a Vista Certified CD burning software for a PC delivered with Vista installed. What would you do in my shoes (besides use ImgBurn, of course). I feel a bit ripped off by HP.

Regards,
Alain
alaindresse

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks very much for the update Alain, much appreciated.
As long as ImgBurn is around you really don't need anything for burning a DVD Movie.
But you do need software to burn Data DVDs and CDs, I think a call to HP is in order ::C
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby knockatoone » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Sorry but I have not taken the time to read all the postings but had this same problem in PE 3 in Win XP on a Gateway MCE PC . I was told by Adobe to disable any/all DVD drives other than the writing drive ( I have a reader only drive also)- could not tell me why just that it worked -and it did -so if you have a 2nd DVD drive get to Device Manager and expland the "CDROM" items and right click on the "other" DVD drive and select "Disable". You will have to "Enable" when you want to use it next time. Hope this works for you ...
knockatoone

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks for that report Knockatoone and Welcome to Muvipix :meet:

There are a few solutions to this problem, you found one of them, thanks for reporting what worked for you :TU:

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 7