They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

controlling animated text

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

controlling animated text

Postby allen_we » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Is there a way to fine tune how text is animated? I am trying to create an intro that has a pad, with type appearing on it, as if being written. I can animate one line of text fine, but I run into problems if I have two lines - I haven't found a way to delay the "writing" of the second line until the first line has finished. (I worked around this by taking an image after the first line has completed, and then added a second line to that, but it's a little cumbersome; also it would be nice to control the speed that the text appears).

Thanks so much!

Allen
allen_we
New User
New User

Re: controlling animated text

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Unfortunately, text animations aren't customizable.

The best solution for animating two lines of text is to do each line as a separate title, placing one on Video track 2 and the other on Video track 3, positioned so that it begins just as the first line finishes. (You can extend the length of the Video 2 title so that it remains onscreen as Video 3's title appears.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby allen_we » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Ok, thanks. I actually tried doing it that way; the problem I ran into is that when you stretch the clip of the first line of text, it also extends the time of the animating - so it just ends up taking more time to come on screen, and it is still "writing" as the second line is starting.

Is there a plug-in that can control text?
allen_we
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:07 am

Instead of stretching the title on track 1, insert a snapshot of the last frame of that title, and then stretch the snapshot. To take the "snapshot" or freezeframe, move the CTI to the last frame of the first title, click the freezeframe (snapshot) button below the preview monitor on the right-hand side, then click the "Insert in Movie" button. Stretch the freeze frame.

When the freezeframe is inserted, it will be inserted before the last frame of the title. The last frame of the title will then follow the freezeframe, and it will be a separate clip only one frame in length. Delete that one-frame clip because it will be very easy to lose track of it and could cause problems.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 7