They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Mixed formatting in a title

Premiere Pro discussions.

Mixed formatting in a title

Postby Briantho » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:57 am

Within PPro I mix all sorts of fonts within a scrolling title but I'm wondering if there is a way of mixing, say, combinations of left, right and centre justification and maybe Tab Stops? What I'd really like to do is to make a particular justification and tab stops only apply to sections I highlight as can be done in a word processing document. I know I could create a series of titles and overlap them so it appears as if it is one single long title but that involves juggling with lengths so as to make all sections scroll at the same speed. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Mixed formatting in a title

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:23 am

If the title is going to be that creative Brian you might want to create it in Photoshop :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Briantho » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks for that Chuck but I'd really prefer to stay with the one tool. I'll work around it, no big deal.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:55 am

alignment (justification) applies to a text box as a whole. You can't select a portion and change the alignment of just that portion.

However, there is nothing that prevents you from adding multiple text boxes to a title and each of those can have its own separate justification.
Bob

Postby Briantho » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:02 am

Yes, thanks Bob, I'd sort of worked out the limitations so I wondered if there were any neat ways of getting round them without creating multiple boxes and balancing lengths/speeds. No problem, it's only the titles and as long as they see their names etc they're pretty happy :-)
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Did you mean multiple boxes in the same title or multiple titles?

I meant adding multiple boxes in the same title, not multiple titles. When you create multiple text boxes in the same title and position them, they maintain the same relative positions and the roll/crawl options apply to the title as a whole.
Bob

Postby Briantho » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Bob, many thanks for making that distinction. I now realize I have total flexibility and my titles bear comparison with major Hollywood productions! Thanks again.
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro