They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

What is the preset that is encoding extremely fast

Premiere Pro discussions.

What is the preset that is encoding extremely fast

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:26 am

Hello

Please I am wondering about the adobe premiere pro cs5 the most extremely fast when I pick it for rendering the project, it does not matter what will be the size as I will use another application to compress it like winavi or total video converter or ...etc.

It is just that I am in a time critical issues that require me to finish rendering the project with premiere asap.

Please advise urgently.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: What is the preset that is encoding extremely fast

Postby MGadAllah » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:48 am

A gentle reminder please.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Briantho » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:56 am

I don't think I fully understand the question and with no other replies it could be that no one so far has what they think would be a useful suggestion. I don't know if this will help but I've also posted questions now and then over on one or other of the two PP forums in Creative Cow - perhaps you know it? There are some very clever people over there (as well as here, of course!) and sometimes it's worthwhile posting both here and there. Just an idea! :-)
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:58 am

Yes, I know it.
Thanks for the tip.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:02 am

I recall it when you mentioned its name.

I remember when I started to use Premiere that I've goggled for support forums and found some of them and posted my questions in all of them (MuviPIX is one of them) and honestly I've found MuviPIX one of the best and in some cases people here provide ideas and solutions better then Adobe staffs themselves.

Thanks a lot for your time replying and helping.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:11 am

I cant really help as I generally have plenty of time for rendering so have not compared different export formats for speed. I guess the fastest would be those that require minimum compression... for standard definition if you are using DV-AVI files then DV-AVI export could well be the fastest. If you export to another format make sure to select a single pass option or constant bit rate rather than the two pass option.

I guess the best thing to do would be to do some trials and time the export.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Briantho » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:15 am

It's possible that Adobe staff are exceptional and I would like to think they are but you're usually much better off with peer-regulated user communities where the quality of information is constantly vetted by the community.

I've only recently started using PP - I spent the last couple of years using Final Cut Express and FCPro but for various reasons I switched to PP. In FCE and FCP one of the main reasons for rendering was because the characteristics of the Sequence and the footage didn't match. Changing one or the other made things much easier. This may well be a silly question but why do you think you have so much rendering to do now? I don't know all the details but I've noticed that sometimes when editing I do something and the red line appears all the way along the clip which, because I video amateur shows etc, this could be an hour long. Depending on what I've done I have sometimes made a cut just beyond what I edited and then the only thing that needs rendering is the few seconds involved. Just an idea...
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:52 pm

The reason for the need as follow:-

I am working in a project that require me following several TV Channels and record several shows from each channel, so I've several computers and each one include PCI card for a digital satellite and computers running 20 hours per day and 4 hours rest.

Then I'll have a big .MPG file, then I cut each episode using MPG2Cut tool.

Then add a crop and a logo for each one , then convert each one to a .avi, .rm, .mp3

That is in brief.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Briantho » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:20 pm

That sounds quite challenging and a lot more hectic than the sort of things I do in my retirement. :-)
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby MGadAllah » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Briantho wrote:That sounds quite challenging and a lot more hectic than the sort of things I do in my retirement. :-)

MGadAllah Like.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro