They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Importing AVCHD gives duplicate MTS files?

Premiere Pro discussions.

Importing AVCHD gives duplicate MTS files?

Postby Briantho » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:54 am

Briantho11.jpg

I copy my file structure in it's entirety from my camcorder onto a HDD and within PP, when Importing, I simply click on the top level - typically CAM_MEM or CAM_SD. A few moments later I get some messages about unsupported this and that but all the MTS files end up in the Project panel ready for dragging into the Timeline. However, it seems longish clips get listed twice, why? It's difficult to define longish: this happens to clips of say 35 minutes but not to ones of only a minute. It doesn't seem to have any adverse effects - I drag in one or the other and all seems fine but is there something I'm missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Importing AVCHD gives duplicate MTS files?

Postby Paul LS » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:56 am

You say longish clips, over 35min, get imported twice. Are you sure that they are dupicate clips?... or is it one clip spread across two files because of the 4GB limit of FAT32 on the camcorder memory?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:58 am

That would be my guess also Paul.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Briantho » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:57 pm

No, they're 100% identical except in the clip names. No big deal, I'll keep looking around.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Have you seen this? http://library.creativecow.net/harrington_richard/Premiere-Pro_Media-Browser/1. I don't know if it applies in your case, but there might be some similar issues at work.
Bob

Postby Briantho » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:03 am

Thanks Bob. I've been watching a lot of training etc videos recently and after a bit I remembered I had actually seen this one before a few weeks ago! Richard recommends a different way oriented towards individual clips which doesn't end up by listing apparent duplicates - I'll adopt that instead to reduce the risk of confusion.
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro