They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Delete some parts of clip in time line in APP CS4

Premiere Pro discussions.

Delete some parts of clip in time line in APP CS4

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:29 am

Hello,

I've imported the clip I want to work with in my project using Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.

In the program monitor windows I've set both the In & Out points.

There are still some space (time) before and after both In & Out points.

How to remove these spaces so when I export the clip the space before and after to be removed, or in other words to export only the space or the time in between the In & Out points.

Hope that I've expressed it correctly.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Delete some parts of clip in time line in APP CS4

Postby Peru » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:47 am

Make sure your work area bar is only over the part of your clip that you want to export, and the sequence is highlighted.

Then, file > export media, etc.
Peru

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Peru wrote:Make sure your work area bar is only over the part of your clip that you want to export, and the sequence is highlighted.

Please how to do so?
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Peru » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Peru

Postby MGadAllah » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks a lot, I will check it.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:20 pm

What Peru was talking about was exporting only a portion of your project: The portion under the work area bar. It sounds to me like you are talking about trimming a specific clip so the trimmed off portions do not appear in the timeline. Is that correct?

When you set the in and out points for the clip, do it before you place the clip on the timeline. Then drag the clip from either the project panel or directly from the source monitor window where you set the in and out points and drop it on the timeline. The portion outside the in and out points will not appear in your timeline.

Dragging the clip from the source monitor creates a subclip. You can create multiple subclips from the same source clip by simply setting the in and out points and dragging the subclip to where you want it to go. You can drag subclips from the source monitor to either the project panel for later use or directly to the timeline.

Once on the timeline, changing the in and out points of the source clip do not affect the clip on the timeline. For clips or subclips on the timeline, you can trim the clip further by draging the handles at either end of the clip or by double clicking the clip which will bring it up in the clip monitor window where you can adjust the in and out points.

Here's a basic video on working with in and out points: http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Assign-In-and-Out-Points-in-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-86619376
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Bob wrote:What Peru was talking about was exporting only a portion of your project: The portion under the work area bar. It sounds to me like you are talking about trimming a specific clip so the trimmed off portions do not appear in the timeline. Is that correct?

When you set the in and out points for the clip, do it before you place the clip on the timeline. Then drag the clip from either the project panel or directly from the source monitor window where you set the in and out points and drop it on the timeline. The portion outside the in and out points will not appear in your timeline.

Dragging the clip from the source monitor creates a subclip. You can create multiple subclips from the same source clip by simply setting the in and out points and dragging the subclip to where you want it to go. You can drag subclips from the source monitor to either the project panel for later use or directly to the timeline.

Once on the timeline, changing the in and out points of the source clip do not affect the clip on the timeline. For clips or subclips on the timeline, you can trim the clip further by draging the handles at either end of the clip or by double clicking the clip which will bring it up in the clip monitor window where you can adjust the in and out points.

Here's a basic video on working with in and out points: http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Assign-In-and-Out-Points-in-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-86619376

Sorry for late reply

Exactly this is what I was looking for :tup:
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro