They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

About editing menu from Encore CS4

Premiere Pro discussions.

About editing menu from Encore CS4

Postby thhult » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 am

Two questions:
How do I get right Photoshop CS4 or Pr EL when I choose "Edit menu in Photoshop" ?
When I edit the menu text in Photoshop how do I exit to make the changes in Encore menu ?
Regards
Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: About editing menu from Encore CS4

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm not sure I understand, Thomas.

What is it that you're trying to do with your menu in Photoshop?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Thomas,
If Photoshop CS4 doesn't open when you choose "Edit Menu In Photoshop" then you have the wrong program set as the default for PSD files. You can make that change in the File View in Explorer. If you need help doing that please let us know.

Once the file is saved in Photoshop the change is automatic in Encore.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby thhult » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:41 am

Hi and thanks,

I want to edit existing menu template in Encore with Photoshop CS4 but PS El appears. Where and how can change the settings ?
After the editing in PS is finished I will save and exit. Is it enough to get the changes in Encore ?

Friendly summer greetings
Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi Thomas,
Here is a good article on changing the default applications in Windows
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... etype.mspx

Change your default application for PSD files to Photoshop CS4, it most likely is set to Photoshop Elements now.
That should fix the problem.

Just saving the changes is all you have to do, it should show up in Encore immediately.
Any questions or problems just let us know.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:04 pm

The issue has probably been covered, so I will cover what happens, and needs to happen, when doing an Edit in Photoshop for a Menu.

In Encore, a Rt-click on a Menu will bring up (or should) Edit in Photoshop. The first thing that happens is that a TMP file is created for that PSD, with a link back to Encore. Next, Photoshop is launched, followed immediately by the opening of that linked TMP file. One edits, and hits Save (not Save_As), so that the changes follow back up that link to Encore.* That is how it should happen.

Good luck,

Hunt

* I have found that under certain, and yet determined, circumstances, a simple Save does NOT follow that link back to Encore. Why? I do not know, and never found the criteria, when it fails to behave, as it should. Gotta' be there somewhere, but I could not find it. What I did discover is that 3 Saves will follow the link every time. Why 3 and not 2? Again, I do not know. What I do, when doing an Edit in Photoshop is, open my Button Layer Sets, while I change things, then hit Save. I will close up my Button Layer Sets, and hit Save again. Then, before I shut the image down, will hit Ctrl+S (Save) a third time. Why the Ctrl+S? Well, if one has not made a change, PS will not allow File>Save. However, Ctrl+S WILL do the Save, the third time.
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro