They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Questions on Adobe Premiere Pro CS5

Premiere Pro discussions.

Questions on Adobe Premiere Pro CS5

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri May 07, 2010 10:55 am

Haven't been logging in here for a while ....

Was surprised that Adobe Premiere Pro is in version CS5 now !!

Question 1:
How much diferent is it from CS4 ?

Question 2:
Is it true that CS5 only runs only 64-bit OS ? (I ask bcos my OS is only 32-bit)

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Questions on Adobe Premiere Pro CS5

Postby momoffduty » Fri May 07, 2010 11:07 am

A recent topic on CS5:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7685
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Questions on Adobe Premiere Pro CS5

Postby Bob » Fri May 07, 2010 1:48 pm

That link is mostly about Photoshop CS5 with only one post specific to Premiere Pro.

Here's the link to the what's new page at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/whatsnew/

Premiere Pro CS5 is 64-bit only, so it won't run on a 32 bit OS, you will need a 64-bit OS. The same goes for After Effects CS5. Photoshop CS5 continues to provide both 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't remember whether you have the Production Suite or not. But, all future versions of the suite will require a 64-bit OS from here out.

The big change in Premiere Pro CS5 is the 64-bit support and the utilization of the graphics card GPU for accelerated playback and encoding. Currently it only supports GPU acceleration using Nvidia cards with CUDA. There are a number of smaller new features and improvements of existing features like the new ultra keyer for green screen, native support for more formats like Red and Digital SLRs, import and export of Final Cut Pro XML sequences and so forth. It's a decent step up from CS3 but overall an incremental step up from CS4 if you can't take advantage of the 64-bit architecture and the GPU acceleration.
Bob

Return to Premiere Pro