They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to create Blu-ray disk in Adobe Encore

Premiere Pro discussions.

How to create Blu-ray disk in Adobe Encore

Postby alexeisadovnikov » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:08 am

I captured HD 1080i footage from Sony FX1000, used Abobe Premier Pro to edit it and Adobe Encore to authorize disk. First I produced DVD and its quality was very good. Then I decided to create BD:
1) I imported timeline from PP into Encore using Adobe Dynamic link (same step as for DVD).
2) I selected "blu-ray" in Encore "built" window and created BluRay Disk image. To my surprise, the size of BD image was only 2.2 times larger (10.1GB vs 4.5GB) than the size of DVD image (I expected ~5x difference). However, I did not find any knobs in Encore to change the size/quaity.
3) I burned image onto Panasonic BD-R media using Power2Go software and LG GGW-H20L writer.
4) Watched it using Sony BDP-S360 player and SONY HD projector.
It worked! - but: the quality of BD picture was not better (maybe - even worse) than the quality of DVD picture.
Player and projector work O.K. becasue they show amaizing picture from Hollywood BluRay discs.

My questions are:
1) Why I do not see quality improvement in my BD compared to DVD?
2) Why this disk is recognized only only by 2 out of 5 BluRay players that I have tryed?

Thank you in advance,
Alexei
alexeisadovnikov
New User
New User

Re: How to create Blu-ray disk in Adobe Encore

Postby Paul LS » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:02 am

Welcome to Muvipix Alexei :meet:

I do not use Encore but I am sure some folks will be along later who can help. Anyways... regarding your high definition file size issue. The 2.2x file size difference between standard definition MPEG2/VOB on a DVD and high definition MPEG2 is roughly correct. HDV MPEG2 at 25Mbps is 13GB per hour, with standard definition at full quality you get an hour on a 4.7Gb DVD. Note if you burn a Blu-ray disc using H.264 compression it will be less than this ... 1.5x standard definition.

All laser burnt discs lack the full compatability of commercial pressed discs. And I guess the situation is even worse for Blu-ray compared to standard DVDs as it is still a relatively new technology. All you can do is use good quality Blu-ray media and burn at a low speed.

Not sure about your quality issue. Hopefully the folks who burn Blu-ray discs in Encore will be along to help.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 am

Hi Alexei,
I am hoping that one of our Moderators, Bill Hunt, will stop by with some suggestions for this. I don't have Encore on my laptop and can't remember the exact steps. It could be that your Encore project and the Premiere Project don't match and Encore is trying to do some kind of conversion.
Any additional information about the projects and what you are doing would be a big help I'm sure.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 am

Hi Alexei. I see you reposted your question. I have deleted it... this thread is still active. :-D Paul.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro