They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

new to pro, slideshow to the beat

Premiere Pro discussions.

Re: new to pro, slideshow to the beat

Postby lowercaseg » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:03 am

to ad an unnumbered marker i pressed * that does it, right? and yes i kno how to select the images correctly, at first i was sure it was because my images were psd's but i tried it with jpegs and the same things happenin
lowercaseg
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 am

Premiere likes PSDs much more than any other image format, at least that's been my observation.
Although as far as this topic is concerned it shouldn't make any difference at all.

Ok, at this point I really recommend you call Adobe Tech Support. Sorry for asking the same questions over and over and going through the basics, that sometimes triggers the solution. There are plenty of Premiere Pro users here, if they had an answer they would have responded by now I'm sure.

If you do talk to tech support and get a solution please come back and post it here for anyone else that may come across the same problem ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby lowercaseg » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:43 am

will do when ive got time cause im teaching myself to use premiere, for now tho ill suffice doin it manually, thanks for ur help
lowercaseg
New User
New User

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 pm

For doing this, I also use the * key. I lay down my music, and then add the markers, while listening. I've found that I am better at this, than all other automatic software that I have used. I then bring in my images from Project Panel, and align them to the Markers, changing the Duration, as is needed. Last, I choose the exact Transitions that I want. In PrPro, one can set a Default Transition, move the CTI along the Timeline and hit Ctrl-D to insert that default. As I usually use the same small batch of Transitions, this works fine. If I need to use another Transition between two images, I'll just drag from the Effects Panel.

I also use only .PSD's, which have been resized in PS. Even if I have to start with a camera-original JPEG, I do not Save_As JPEG, but .PSD. Yes, larger file sizes, but higher quality in my book.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Premiere Pro