They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Encore freezes

Premiere Pro discussions.

Re: Encore freezes

Postby peterb55 » Fri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Bill your post popped up as I posted my reply to John.
Brilliant, I will work through your suggestions and get back with results.

Peter
peterb55
New User
New User

Postby Bill Hunt » Fri May 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Let me know how it goes. Yes, that method is counterintuitive to using DL, one of the big features in CS4. I was planning on upgrading the full suite, until problems with CS4 starting arising. Adobe is about to release 4.1.0 (maybe end of May), and it contains many fixes. I also determined that I would benefit from upgrading my workstation and going to XP-64, or Win7-64, so am still waiting to get CS4.

One of the drawbacks to Encore (and many/most other authoring programs) is that it is based on the Sonic authorcore, which is modular. Adobe pays a licensing fee to Sonic (as do most other authoring software companies), and have written an abstraction layer for the Sonic modules. That is why Encore is so much easier to use, than Sonic Scenarist (costs about US$50,000 for the "starter kit"). The biggest issue is that the modules in the Sonic authorcore do not talk with each other much, and almost never with windows. That's why the error messages can be so cryptic.

Now, all of that said, I love Encore, and have never had any problems with it. I'm very strict, however, in what I feed it, and how I feed it. Same exact types of Assets every Project, without fail. That's where my suggestion stems from - simplicity and going with what has always worked for me. The DL function really intrigues me, but as stated, there *seem* to be some issues and I have not seen a lot of resolution to those issues.

Good luck, and sorry that I didn't get back in time to maybe save you the $'s (or £'s) with the replicator. Please let me know how it goes. Should you still have issues with my test method, there are probably other things we can try.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri May 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Bill Hunt wrote:The DL function really intrigues me, but as stated, there *seem* to be some issues and I have not seen a lot of resolution to those issues.

I tried using DL a couple of times when I got CS4 but it never worked smoothly for me so I would resort to closing PPro and then opening Encore and doing a standard import. Just avoids the issues that DL seems to cause.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bill Hunt » Sat May 02, 2009 3:26 pm

I am hoping that the DL issues will be worked out in CS5. I agree that it's a great idea, but has just not been cleaned up for prime time. Who knows, maybe the 4.1 PrPro update (late May?) will be able to get it working, as it should.

Until then, the old way seems to work fine, though one does have the full Export of the DV-AVI and the Audio files.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby rokent » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:48 pm

My Encore does the same thing. The only thing that works is going to the device manager and disabling my DVD Drive. Encore will then start, but I have no way to burn. It must have something to do the the DVD burner I have.
rokent
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:50 pm

My suggestion would be to check the manufacturer's web site for the DVD burner and see if there is a firmware update. That is the most common solution for this problem.

Welcome to Muvipix Rokent :wcm:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:01 am

In CS5 the Dynamic Link problem seems to have been resolved.

In any event I always write to a DVD folder first, then close and re-open encore and write to re-writable media so that I can check everything is OK before burning the final deliverable media.

Working this way Encore only encodes the video material once. When one goes to write thephysical DVD Encore just picks up the encoded files and almost immediately begins the actual write to the DVD media.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Previous

Return to Premiere Pro