They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

CS3: no functional content

Premiere Pro discussions.

CS3: no functional content

Postby GerryB » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:51 am

I have acquired CS3 after a long delay and I have installed it, played with Premier Pro in an attempt to educate myself on the upgrade, all was going well until I tried to 'compile' a test DVD in encore. The files were exported to Encore and it opened up - so far so good!

Then I realised I had no Functional Content in the Library and probably a lot of other content was missing. I loked here [Muvipix] first for ideas but could not find much in the way of pointers, so I trotted off to Adobe Forum and found a couple of articles on the same subject but they seemed to be concerned with the download version and the need to use the Adobe Download Manager.

My software came on a single DVD disc and I cannot find any file like those mentioned in Adobe Form so I'm stuck. I need to go out an buy a book to aid my education but does anyone her have any ideas to help me install the Functional Contentas a first step? I have reinstalled/repaired the installation with all the optional content checked and it ran for over two hours whilst "it repaired" the original installation!

Once I have that sorted then I suppose I will be back with more questions, but one thing I have found in PrPro is the ability to burn the timecode into the picture, just what I have been looking for to show lapsed time during the rugby matches I record. This helps the coaches identify the clips that they need for training.

I have also found a lot of 'spooky' stuff that I'm sure I will begin to use. I'm looking forward to finding how I can filter out 'interference' on the audio caused by mobile & TV transmitters nearby - I use a radio mic on the referee!

Meanwhile I will use PrEl3 to process the recordings for today and tomorrow, not a problem just a minor dissappointment!

Many thanks in advance,

Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: CS3: no functional content

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:12 am

Where did you aquire the program from Gerry? There are plenty of scam artists around, selling junk software and claiming it is the real thing and the 'full' version.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:48 am

Gerry,

The Functional Content *should* install, along with the program. I have never heard of it not, from an install disc, only from the downloaded version. There, it requires two separate downloads, and these two downloaded files need to be "extracted" to separate folders, as the installers are/were the same name and overwriting would happen if extracted to the same folder.

Since I have the full Production Stuido, the suite is on five (IIRC) DVD's, but then it contains PS, AI and other programs. I have CS2 and can give you the folder structure for the Functional Content in that version. It should be the same, or very similar, in CS3.

For Encore (remember, it was also a stand-alone back in CS2) the Functional Content is: C:\Adobe\Adobe Encore DVD 2.0\Library with:
+Corporate
Education
+Entertainment
General
Government
Sports
+Technology
+Travel
+Wedding

For Premiere, the Path is: C:\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0\Presets\Templates with:
+Corporate
+Education
+Etertainment
+General
+Government
Info Screens
Lower Thirds
Mattes
+Sports
Title Centered
+Travel
Upper Thirds
+Wedding

Note: the "+" indicates sub-folders
Also note: I did not install in C:\Programs\\ (the default), as all of my computers are basically Adobe computers and I hate having to drill down to get to the structure of my various Adobe programs. Your installation, unless you changed the default, will be: C:\Programs\Adobe\\.

Now, the question is Chuck's, in post #2. I do not know how many DVD's the non-suite version should have, but with what you have already done, the Functional Content should have been installed. Check the above folders, making allowances for the initial differences in your install vs my install, and also the program names, i.e. CS2 vs CS3. Do these folders exist? Do they have .PSD's and the like in them? If not, you should be very suspicious of the program that you purchased. While I could imagine that Adobe might have had a problem with a corrupted disk, it would be much more likely that the seller unloaded a bogus copy on you. If you are certain that you have a legit copy, then a free call to Adobe would be the next action. All installation issues are handled by Adobe for free. In the one instance that I had an installation issue, they were great. I had AI up and running in about 5 mins. and that was including my hold time. In my case, I had upgraded AI 3 to AI 6 and my S/N was too old and not included in the installation/registration database.

Good luck, and I hope that you have not wasted money on a pirated copy of Premiere.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby GerryB » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Chuck, Bill,

I will go back to my son as it came from his office, there may be a simple explanation!!

Best wishes,

Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Premiere Pro