They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

5 hrs of work and CS6 titler crashed

Premiere Pro discussions.

Re: 5 hrs of work and CS6 titler crashed

Postby Peru » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 am

Peru wrote:
The titles may not be there if they were not saved as a template. Try searching your other drives. The title file extension may be different for CS6. Maybe somebody who has CS6 can check that.

I found this on the Adobe Premiere Pro forum. It's part of a post by Bill Hunt:

In PrPro, the details of Titles are within the PRPROJ file, and are not separate Assets, unless one has Saved a Title as a Template, and then there will be PRTL file, which can then be used/reused in multiple Projects. Going back in Premiere history, Titles were discrete files, but not for many versions.
Peru

Postby ChancyRat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks for the ideas, I will have to try when I am home. However, it's the titler that is corrupt, so I am still at wits-end to know what to do. Should I reinstall the entire program?
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Peru » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:40 pm

You may have to. I don't think that will fix it if the project file is corrupt.

If you do that, you may want to use the Adobe Cleaner tool after uninstalling:
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/k ... blems.html
Peru

Postby ChancyRat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Peru wrote:You may have to. I don't think that will fix it if the project file is corrupt.

If you do that, you may want to use the Adobe Cleaner tool after uninstalling:
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/k ... blems.html

Great link, thanks.
I have several of the CS6 programs, which I installed all at once. Now that I'm going to uninstall PP only, do you think it will cause problems to do it this way? Uninstall one of several of the CS6 programs?
I know they're all integrated in certain ways, I'm worried I may unintegrate them.
I guess the question is, should I uninstall the entire suite and reinstall it (well, the group of programs I use).

Thanks.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Peru » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:10 pm

It's probably best to uninstall the whole suite and reinstall.

Deactivate before uninstalling.

When you use Control Panel > Programs and Features to uninstall Premiere Pro, it should give you the option of which Adobe programs to uninstall when the Adobe uninstaller pops up.

Be prepared to reinstall all of your third party plugins and have all of your user names and serial numbers ready.
Don't forget to update CS6 after reinstalling.
If you don't have a CUDA supported card, you will have to do the CUDA hack again.
Peru

Postby ChancyRat » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks, I was thinking the same in terms of the re-install. I did this once before when my old hard drive crashed.
I don't have any 3rd party anything (I think)...
What is a CUDA card and hack?
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Peru » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Peru

Postby ChancyRat » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Peru wrote:It's probably best to uninstall the whole suite and reinstall.

Deactivate before uninstalling.

When you use Control Panel > Programs and Features to uninstall Premiere Pro, it should give you the option of which Adobe programs to uninstall when the Adobe uninstaller pops up.

Be prepared to reinstall all of your third party plugins and have all of your user names and serial numbers ready.
Don't forget to update CS6 after reinstalling.
If you don't have a CUDA supported card, you will have to do the CUDA hack again.

This is unbelievable but after fully uninstalling/reinstalling, updating Everything... opening the original project I was editing, opening one title - the system crashed with the same message. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I am currently uninstalling/reinstalling AGAIN :ha: ... then I will attempt to process a video from the problem project "as is" so I can have some visual record of what I did. Then start a new project over from scratch.

I am worried that upon even opening the problem project, I will again corrupt the entire PP .exe file.
Is it possible that something else has been damaged, some registry files? (I'm not a programmer so I'm making that term up because I've heard it before.)

I don't know what else to do, suggestions welcome.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby ChancyRat » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:54 pm

I will mention something else. I was viewing the project and noticed:
- the sound was much better. I had added a lot of audio gain on all the clips because the audio was too low - oddly too low, I thought. In the reinstalled program, the audio was too loud.
- rendering finally "took" to all the clips. I had reported that only the titles were rendering, the video clips were staying yellow-lined.

So something *was* fixed. Just not titler.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby ChancyRat » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Peru, thanks for this info. I have not done this work.
Do I *have to*? Or is it just for improving performance generally.

In other words, could what's causing titler to crash, be this?
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby ChancyRat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:36 am

I now have post-traumatic titler disorder.
Thoroughly discouraged. 13 hours of work and the error still occurs.
I have:
- reinstalled the Win7 fonts; reset them to default;
- in the process, screwed up the computer's system fonts (they reverted to italics, resized and messed up screens like internet options, and bolded and changed the fonts on browsers, and, completely corrupted chrome which Snapped on every screen [3 reinstalls did not work]. Only this saved the day on this sidetrack descent to hell: http://www.askvg.com/fix-bold-and-itali ... n-windows/.
- did all these: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tro ... p-cs5.html
- and these: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/e ... readme.pdf
- all the while opening and reopening the program, the problem project, and new projects, and crashing.
- along the way reinstalled the entire suite 4 times, to try to insure I was starting right
- did the CUDA hack successfully
- cleared my preferences, cleared my cache (http://forums.adobe.com/message/6160999#6160999)
- the script to add to photoshop to check fonts was fine; fontfrenzy found nothing in the Win7 fonts
- couldn't get myself to understand the method here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4185832#4185832

I have nowhere else to go at this point.
If I do 6 of the above sets of fixes, and try the program, and it crashes, should I assume that I must then completely uninstall/reinstall again, and go through all 6 steps again? Not sure I'm saying this right but I'm not sure if I wreck the entire program, or all the system fonts, or - something that I've already adjusted. What would I be killing when the crash happens?
I might not be fixing anything if I don't do them in the right order. I might be just hitting myself repeatedly rather than fixing anything.

I was also able to export the existing partial video successfully. Can I drag it in as its own clip, once I get the program running?

Feeling desperate and like I have to abandon CS6 altogether, this is honestly ridiculous that titler fails this way. And I see many reports of this on the web so I'm not the only one...
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Previous

Return to Premiere Pro