They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

"click analyze to begin" warp stabilizer problem

Premiere Pro discussions.

"click analyze to begin" warp stabilizer problem

Postby ChancyRat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:40 am

I am new to CS6, having only used PE7 in the past. At the moment the biggest problem is that I applied warp stabilizer to the entire group of clips (I know, I see now this was not the most efficient way to do it). The PE instructions said I would not need to click anything to begin the analyze part 1, and I did see work happening in the background. In fact I thought all clips were processed as the blue bar went away. I watched the entire video before exporting it. Exported it, and suddenly the big blue bar with 'click analyze to begin" is on all but the first clip. Now I have it back up on the screen to edit, and the analysis is not happening automatically. I assume I needed to do something else to insure complete processing on all clips?

What do I actually click to start the analysis?
Why didn't I see the blue bar earlier? (Could I have figured out that the processing wasn't done?)
Where does one review individual effects on each clip, in order to edit them?

thanks.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Enlarging the timeline in CS6?

Postby ChancyRat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 am

I found it I found it! :exc:
Duh that it would be where the effect gets edited and that's what I was missing.
While I have you :tup:
How do I enlarge the timeline strips? Meaning, the video strips, audio strips,are about 2/3 inch wide (height). In PE7 one could enlarge them quite wide. My blind eyes need some em-biggening.

thanks.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: "click analyze to begin" warp stabilizer problem

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:38 am

Self help strikes again! :-D In the properties panel under the Warp Stabilizer effect there is a progress status. It appears intermittently with %s.

Where you happy with the effect on your clips? I've only used it a few times and for the most part does okay. I wish there was a way to keyframe the amount. In a project there was only the last 30 seconds that I need stabilized so I cut the clip at that point. The problem was frame scale on the last frame of the first clip didn't match up to the scale size of the first frame of the stabilzed clip. So I ended up scaling up the last 30 seconds of the first clip to match the stabilized clip.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ChancyRat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Cheryl, thanks. The video is of a person working with a horse very far away in a pasture. I have a dorky little digital still camera that does video, on a slim tripod, and the wind is blowing fiercely. I have the camera on 15x optical zoom to just get them in fullish frame. So with the wind creating much jiggling, I gave warp stabilizer a try. It is beautiful, although in places where I had to move the camera, and I didn't do that smoothly, the warp effect has an odd presentation. As if I'm wearing one of those belts that holds a movie camera, and the camera can only move fluidly. Fluid whirling, though, is better than jiggly whirling.

However I posted a different problem now, in that I'm losing rendering after saving and re-opening a project. I still don't know what the fix is for that but warp stabilizer might be part if not all of the problem.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 pm

The warp stabilizer has an amount that you can change. My file at the default gave the whirly you describe because it is changing scale up and down, moving the file on a corner pin type look, changing the position, etc. By decreasing the amount to 20% my clip was acceptable.

See the other thread what Bob posted about the stabilizer. The not keeping a render is an issue in CS6. Warp Stabilizer is fine and not related.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ChancyRat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks, Cheryl. I had to delay trying to fix the video (will work on it today) but also needed to get other videos available for viewing, so I uploaded straight to youtube. They also had stabilization problems, but worse: I was walking while holding the camera sans tripod, following a person who was leading the young horse. And he is not trained to lead. So my wobbly plus his wiggliness, plus wind and etc., well, talk about no stabilization. I let youtube 'fix' the problem and it actually did a pretty good job, at least minimally. I mean, the videos stink all around, quality wise, but in terms of just observing the stabilization and lack of it, youtube was a good 'fix' for my primitive purpose. Have you ever used youtube's method - is it the same technology as the warp stabilizer in CS6?
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Chancy, I didn't know that YouTube had a stabilizer. My YT account is old and I now use Vimeo almost exclusively. Walking and holding a camera will create a problem and the only good fix is using a stabilizing rig when shooting. Post can only go so far in correcting. A lot of shooting is trial and error. I have some footage that will never see the light of day. :)
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:46 pm

How do I enlarge the timeline strips? Meaning, the video strips, audio strips,are about 2/3 inch wide (height). In PE7 one could enlarge them quite wide. My blind eyes need some em-biggening.

I thought I had answered this, but I don't see it in the thread. I must have accidentally deleted it or forgot to click on Submit -- I don't know which. Anyway, do you still need help with this or have you figured it out?
Bob

Postby ChancyRat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Thank you Bob I did figure out the embiggening issue.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro