They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

27 in Monitor

Premiere Pro discussions.

27 in Monitor

Postby Cope This 719 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:09 pm

I am contemplating buying a 27 in monitor to go with my 23in one. The purpose for this is to be able to use both monitors for Premier Pro CS6. I have heard that a chip P-PIPS is the best. I would appreciate some suggestions.

Regards John
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GH, Corsair SSD 120 GB Drive x 2, Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram, Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, Internal Memory 2 TB x 2
Zotac GeForce GTX 570, LG Blue Ray Read / Write, External 1TB Drive x2.
Cope This 719

Re: 27 in Monitor

Postby Bob » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:53 pm

You definitely will benefit from an IPS panel. IPS panels display consistent and accurate color from a much larger viewing angle. IPS technology has improved over the earlier versions. Most new IPS monitors today are H-IPS or based on it and have a faster response time than the original IPS panels.

I would skip the P-IPS based monitors. You need a video card with 10-bit capability (e.g. Displayport) but you don't have a true 10-bit workflow and it's not a true 10-bit panel. P-IPS is a Frankenstein like hybrid of a 10-bit interface with an 8-bit IPS panel. The panel is combined with an FRC module which dithers the panel pixels to simulate the larger 10-bit color depth. Also, the video color gamut is close to sRGB. Save your money and get a standard LED IPS monitor.
Bob

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Bob wrote:You definitely will benefit from an IPS panel. IPS panels display consistent and accurate color from a much larger viewing angle. IPS technology has improved over the earlier versions. Most new IPS monitors today are H-IPS or based on it and have a faster response time than the original IPS panels.

I would skip the P-IPS based monitors. You need a video card with 10-bit capability (e.g. Displayport) but you don't have a true 10-bit workflow and it's not a true 10-bit panel. P-IPS is a Frankenstein like hybrid of a 10-bit interface with an 8-bit IPS panel. The panel is combined with an FRC module which dithers the panel pixels to simulate the larger 10-bit color depth. Also, the video color gamut is close to sRGB. Save your money and get a standard LED IPS monitor.

What do Bob and Ron Odrich have in common?

in a league of his own.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:37 pm

I saw that Bob is from Southern California. I did a little search and quickly found out that Bob starred in the following Movie:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Premiere Pro