They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Premiere Pro Timeline

Premiere Pro discussions.

Premiere Pro Timeline

Postby elindsay » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:53 am

A silly question! I have premiere pro (gave up on elements as it was constantly crashing). It's a little ahead of my skill base though!! I have opened a new project and want to drag one of my sequences in to the timeline. I can't because the timeline has disappeared (obviously I've pressed a button somewhere). I have reinstated the timeline box but I can't get the features e.g ruler etc back. The box is blank. therefore I can't work with my sequence. Any ideas how I get the full timeline back? I can't seem to find the answer. many thanks Erika
elindsay
New User
New User

Re: Premiere Pro Timeline

Postby momoffduty » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:20 pm

When you close out an empty sequence it disappears. Create a new sequence by clicking on the new button at the bottom right corner of the project media panel.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:40 pm

.....or File>New>Sequence
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Peru » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:02 pm

elindsay wrote: I have opened a new project and want to drag one of my sequences in to the timeline. I can't because the timeline has disappeared (obviously I've pressed a button somewhere).

When you say "drag sequence" do you mean drag a clip or do you mean nest a sequence within a new sequence?

Or do you mean just open an existing sequence? If the latter is the case, just double click the sequence and it will open (at least in CS4 it will).
Peru

Postby elindsay » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:23 am

I was working on a project and dragging clips in to the timeline successfully. I have not finished my editing yet. However, I must have clicked on something as the timeline has disappeared again and the empty box says there are no sequences. Where has my editing gone to? What can I do to retrieve it. I was nearly at the end and it seems all has been lost.
elindsay
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 am

There are options in PPro to autosave projects so all may not yet be lost. The auto save files should be in a sub directory of your project.

So, for example, if your project is located at "C:/Project" then your auto save files will be in a directory "C:/Project/Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save".
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bob » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:49 pm

I was working on a project and dragging clips in to the timeline successfully. I have not finished my editing yet. However, I must have clicked on something as the timeline has disappeared again and the empty box says there are no sequences. Where has my editing gone to? What can I do to retrieve it. I was nearly at the end and it seems all has been lost.

If you have not deleted the sequence, it should still be in the project panel (the project panel is on the upper left if you are in the default workspace). Look for the sequence item in the list of items in the project and double click on the icon next to the sequence name. That will open the sequence in the timeline panel and you can continue to work with it.

I don't know how you deleted the sequence from the timeline panel. One way is to click on the "x" on the sequence tab in that panel. The timeline panel is a viewer. You open sequence timelines in the viewer to work on them. Removing a sequence from the timeline panel does not delete the sequence. The message that there are no sequences is merely a statement that you have not opened a sequence in the timeline panel yet.

If you have worked on a project that has more then one sequence and opened more than one in the timeline panel, the workspace will remember that when you start a new project unless you reset it or delete the extra tabs. If you don't do that, no harm, you'll just see a tab in the timeline panel for the number of sequences that were used prior. The tabs not associated with a sequence in your current project will say "no sequence". You can delete them manually by clicking on the x. Or, you can reset the workspace from the menu: Window>Workspace>Reset Current Workspace...
Bob

Return to Premiere Pro