They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Acronis Backup - Online & local

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

Acronis Backup - Online & local

Postby Barb O » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Has anyone used the Acronis Online Backup Function ? Do you also use the Acronis True Image software on your PC ?

1 - Here is a reference to what I am considering : if you have used this Online function, would you recommend it ?
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/pr ... /#overview

2 - My Toshiba laptop which previously had Vista Home Premium and an earlier version of Acronis True Image now has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 done with a clean install rather than an upgrade. It seems that for local backups with Windows 7, I would need to upgrade to to Acronis True Image 2011.

3 - My experience with prior versions of True Image has been always backing up internal hard drives. The Acronis FAQ says
Can I backup external, mapped or networked drives with Acronis Online Backup?

No, Acronis only backs up your internal hard drive. This is consistent with the other Acronis offering for consumers, Acronis True Image Home 2011.

A data backup is my objective for online backup -- my data whether on an internal drive or on an external drive. Does anyone have suggestions about how to work around this restriction of the non-support of external hard drives ?
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Computer Issues