They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Scanner & Camera Wizard Win XP - not in Vista

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

Scanner & Camera Wizard Win XP - not in Vista

Postby Cinde » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 pm

I’ve been using the Scanner & Camera Wizard on my Win XP desktop. From what I’ve read online it isn’t on my Vista laptop.

It’s not necessarily the Camera Wizard that I really need, but rather the Scanner Wizard.

Most of my clients provide me with photos to be scanned in the order they give them to me (numbered with a post-it on the back). With the Wizard I specify the file they should go into and give the first one a name. Thereafter I scan them one at a time and each one is auto-named with sequential numbers added to the end. A couple of clicks and the next one is ready to scan…. It isn’t an option to put multiple photos at the same time on the scanner glass.

The XP Scanner Wizard also lets me preview the size of each pic that I scan and I can easily set the outside edges of the scan so that the whole glass bed isn’t scanned. This saves a lot of crop time later and each file size is smaller.

Is there a similar program that will allow me to do this? I don’t want to manually name each photo as it is scanned, or open a photo program and tell it to get a photo from the scanner for each new scan.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Scanner & Camera Wizard Win XP - not in Vista

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Cinde, do you have Photoshop Elements?
Photoshop Elements works even better than any other scanner software I've seen.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cinde » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Chuck, I do have PSE 5 & 7 (have 8 but not yet installed.)

I’m still laughing as I type this… At the moment I don’t have client photos to scan. I just came home from our store and was working on our daily bank deposit… there is this stack of money by my keyboard so I put a bill in to test the scanner… And I got a popup that said… “this action does not support the unauthorized processing of banknote images” I might be a nincompoop at a lot of things, but trying to be a counterfeiter is not one of them! :no: With security like that on a software program, I'm just wondering when the little Treasury Agent will come crawling through my monitor with a cease and desist order.

I did manage to do a PSE 7 trial run on some junk mail sale catalog pages and now I’m like…
:yh: DUH! I’ve had this program at my fingertips all the time and had never used it!!!
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:03 am

Be careful scanning money :lol: or the :glasses5: :glasses4: will get you.
Then you will be on :cm7: naughty list :lol:

Glad you like the scanning capability of Photoshop Elements Cinde :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 am

Cinde wrote: there is this stack of money by my keyboard

I thought you were going to say this stack of money had eyes and was staring at you :yh:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Cinde » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:46 am

Clayton wrote:I thought you were going to say this stack of money had eyes and was staring at you :yh:

Now I'm really "watchful" about what I do! :CS:
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Computer Issues