They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

More SmartSound Music on Sale

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Re: More SmartSound Music on Sale

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Oh.. Have not been there yet. Now I have two pubs to seek out, one just a tad farther out.

Thanks,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby munickster » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 pm

If it wouldn't be presumptuous for an American to offer up a few more options for your UK travels, Bill, I would suggest Greenwich. It's not more than 15 minutes by DLR out from The Charles Dickens, and offers up some of the best historical walking we've found, all in a relatively small area. One of our favorite pubs, The Plume of Feathers, is just Northeast of the Maritime Museum. A walk up to the Royal Observatory on a nice day is great, and the Painted Hall and Chapel at the Old Royal Naval College are spectacular. Much more to see there, outside of the typical tourist attractions.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Thank you for that reference. We did Greenwich about two years ago. Took the early boat, and came back just in time for dinner. We spent much of the day in the museum and a kind gentleman took us under his wing to describe in great detail evey display. I *assume* that he worked there, or at least knew his British naval history. What a treat. We only had time for a quick pub stop, but I cannot complain.

We also got to see the Cutty Sark, before the fire. We did not take the "tour," as there was still a lot of work going on, and parts of the ship were closed off. What a tragedy.

Again, thanks, and we'd love to do it again.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Music ~~ & Video