They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Music for thrilling/danger situation

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Music for thrilling/danger situation

Postby ryan_khoo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:43 am

I am making a video and I need some music/sound (without vocal) to make the person watching it feel thrilling, exciting and full of anxiety/mystery.

Any suggestion as to where to start ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Music for thrilling/danger situation

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:50 am

How about the Muvipix products page?
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=9

Ron has a lot of great, cinematic themes there. And they're all royalty free, so you can use them in any video project, even work-for-hire.

Be sure to check out "Tactical Moves" on page 2 and "Epic" and "Gimme Suspense" on page 1.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:How about the Muvipix products page?
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=9

Ron has a lot of great, cinematic themes there. And they're all royalty free, so you can use them in any video project, even work-for-hire.

Be sure to check out "Tactical Moves" on page 2 and "Epic" and "Gimme Suspense" on page 1.

Thanks Steve. Epic is near what I want but it would be better if the music sound more sad.

But, it says it is only for subscribers only. So I must subscribe before I can download it ?

I remember there was a complimentary free section but I don't seem to be able to find that section now.

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Sounds like a good reason to subscribe..... :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Bottom left hand of the page, see the Complimentary Section
http://muvipix.com/products.php

There is no music in the complimentary section however, it is for subscribers only, sorry.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:39 pm

Not only does subscribing get you all those great musical clips, DVD menus, tutorials, instructional articles and motion backgrounds, Ryan, it's also a great way to keep this helpful site up and running. ;)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Rockdoc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:41 pm

You could subscribe tonight, then post in the thread giving away a free year of membership... You just might get your money back and the stuff you want! :-k
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:41 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Not only does subscribing get you all those great musical clips, DVD menus, tutorials, instructional articles and motion backgrounds, Ryan, it's also a great way to keep this helpful site up and running. ;)

Yes Steve, I think I should do my little part to keep this site up and running considering I have benefited a lot from this forum.

I basically learn Vegas from this forum and I managed to do so because Mr Paul LS and other experts here have been answering all my questions patiently.

Which type of member you think I should join ? The amount is in US currency, right ?

Can use credit card ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:32 am

Ryan,
If you can use the music, graphics, dvd templates and tutorials (among other things) that are offered, by all means purchase a subscription.
If you will not use much if any of what's there then you should not purchase one. We are all here to help each other, the forum, gallery and many items are free and no one should feel like they have to buy a subscription.

Yes the subscriptions support the site and it is great when you folks subscribe. It tells us that what we do has been worthwhile :)

The Premiere subscription lasts for a year and is $99.95 USD, that price will never go up as long as you keep your subscription active every year.
The basic subscription for the graphics and music is $69.95 and expires in 3 months. There is also a similar basic subscription for training that includes articles and tutorials for $49.95 Both basic subscriptions are included in the Premiere subscription and for the entire year, not just 3 months.

Payment is through PayPal and yes you can use a credit card.

Hope that helps :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:15 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Ryan,
If you can use the music, graphics, dvd templates and tutorials (among other things) that are offered, by all means purchase a subscription.
If you will not use much if any of what's there then you should not purchase one. We are all here to help each other, the forum, gallery and many items are free and no one should feel like they have to buy a subscription.

Yes the subscriptions support the site and it is great when you folks subscribe. It tells us that what we do has been worthwhile :)

The Premiere subscription lasts for a year and is $99.95 USD, that price will never go up as long as you keep your subscription active every year.
The basic subscription for the graphics and music is $69.95 and expires in 3 months. There is also a similar basic subscription for training that includes articles and tutorials for $49.95 Both basic subscriptions are included in the Premiere subscription and for the entire year, not just 3 months.

Payment is through PayPal and yes you can use a credit card.

Hope that helps :)

Hi Chuck,

I am having some trouble with the payment program.

I tried subscribing the premier annual subcription simply because I believe what you guys do in this forum should be applauded.

I prefer to use credit card, so I select the payment type to "credit or debit card". After filling all the credit card info, I clicked "continue and a Pay Pal page appear wanting me to create a Pay Pal account and charged to my Pay Pal account. At the bottom it says:

"By clicking "Continue", I acknowledge that I have read and agree to PayPal's User Agreement. I also agree to PayPal's processing and storing my information in the United States of America under the Privacy Policy.

Click Continue only once. It will take an average of 60 seconds for your information to be submitted."

I thought by selecting credit card as mode of payment should bypass this page.

Please help.

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:43 am

ryan_khoo wrote:I thought by selecting credit card as mode of payment should bypass this page.

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for hanging in there and for your support of the site :)

Sorry but all memberships are handled through PayPal. You can use a credit card but it must be attached to a PayPal account.
Here are some topics explaining the whole process and how PayPal keeps track of the subscriptions for us, they are a bank and we are not.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2970
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=622

Ron sends out a renewal notice every month to all of the subscribers that will be charged for another year.
It comes well in advance so you can cancel the subscription if you so desire and it even has detailed instructions on how.

Hope that helps.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:
ryan_khoo wrote:I thought by selecting credit card as mode of payment should bypass this page.

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for hanging in there and for your support of the site :)

Sorry but all memberships are handled through PayPal. You can use a credit card but it must be attached to a PayPal account.
Here are some topics explaining the whole process and how PayPal keeps track of the subscriptions for us, they are a bank and we are not.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2970
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=622

Ron sends out a renewal notice every month to all of the subscribers that will be charged for another year.
It comes well in advance so you can cancel the subscription if you so desire and it even has detailed instructions on how.

Hope that helps.

Actually, I am not quite sure how it works but it is ok, just tell me what to do. :)

My guess after reading them is like this:

I go to my nearest Pay Pal office this Monday (they close on Sat & Sun) to open up a Pay Pal account and then use my credit card to pay into this Pay Pal account. And then Pay Pal will pay Muvipix ?

So, did I get it right ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:54 pm

If you follow the link to the subscription you can set up your PayPal account online Ryan.
Or you can just go to http://www.paypal.com and open one now.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 am

Chuck Engels wrote:If you follow the link to the subscription you can set up your PayPal account online Ryan.
Or you can just go to http://www.paypal.com and open one now.

Hi Chuck,

I am happy to announce that I have succesfully subcribe the Premiere membership.

Subscribing thru Muvipix was a breeze but I found setting up the Pay Pal account was tough, I got knock back a couple of times but finally manage to setup the account :-D

I have a slight problem because my username here and username in the Premire account is different.

I have a small request if it is not too difficult. Would it be possible to let me automatically go into the Premeire member when I login into Muvipx ? In that way I do not need to login twice and do not need to remember 2 sets of userID and 2 sets of passwords.

Cheers

P/S: I just notice the word Premiere Member was placed below my nick. That was quick :-D
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:43 am

Welcome aboard, Ryan! And thanks for supporting Muvipix!

When you log in to Muvipix, you should see the option to let you log in automatically each time you come to the site. Many browsers (such as FireFox) also offer to remember your login and password.

Once you're logged into the site once, you'll have free access to all of the materials at your membership level.

I think you'll find it to be a great value! (We'll be adding even more soon!)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Music ~~ & Video