They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Music for thrilling/danger situation

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Re: Music for thrilling/danger situation

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:57 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Welcome aboard, Ryan! And thanks for supporting Muvipix!

When you log in to Muvipix, you should see the option to let you log in automatically each time you come to the site. Many browsers (such as FireFox) also offer to remember your login and password.

Once you're logged into the site once, you'll have free access to all of the materials at your membership level.

I think you'll find it to be a great value! (We'll be adding even more soon!)

Thanks Steve,

Where is the option located ? Actually I bookmark the forum page and login from the forum page. Is that a problem ?
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:22 am

On the logon screen, it's the checkbox right underneath where you type in your password.

You can't miss it!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:10 pm

Ok thanks Steve.

Now back to the topic of this thread :-D

Actually, I am trying to do a short clip showing a happy ocassion then suddenly it turns into a sad occassion.

What I need is I need music (about 20 secs) to put in between the happy and the sad ocassion, preferably a music where it sounds like a suspense and then sad.

Any ideas where I can find them ? Any recommendation ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Ryan,

Not a free solution, but SmartSound has all sorts of "drama" music. You will need the free QuickTracks plug-in for PE, and it comes with a few SmartSound mucical pieces. Once installed and with its "preview" files updated from the SmartSound site, you can check "Web" for source files. There, you can preview all of the various SmartSound music by theme. One can then purchase just the musical cut needed, or the disc, with all of that theme on it.

Also, with Halloween close at hand, there should be a ton of mucical "beds," that have an ominous theme. Many will be free and the rest fairly inexpensively priced.

Personally, I always go to SmartSound first, but I have most of their library already.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:17 pm

SmartSound is a great solution, Hunt. In fact, that's exactly how it's designed to work.

You decide how long you want your clip to be, what type of mood or transitional mood you want and it creates a custom music clip for you.

The challenge, as Hunt pointed out, is that the SmartSound QuickTracks that comes bundled with version 7 only includes a handful of music clips. Others need to be purchased individually or as a set on a disc. (These discs can be a great value, even at $99 each, if you use a lot of music, as you can see on the SmartSound web site at http://www.smartsound.com/ )

But, Ryan, dig around the music on our Products page here at Muvipix. We've got a great collection -- and it's all free to our members -- and there's more being added regularly.

Chances are that, between the music listed under SD Motion Backgrounds, HD Motion Backgrounds and under General Muvipix Music, you should be able to find something pretty close to what you need! (I'm not exactly sure what tone you're looking for. But, for instance, "Great Show" might be a nice transition from dramatic to happy.)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Some free Alfred Hitchcock SFX. Scroll down and the famous shower stabbing sound.

http://www.seahaas.com/thepit/hitchcock.html
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:14 pm

ryan_khoo wrote:I am making a video and I need some music/sound (without vocal) to make the person watching it feel thrilling, exciting and full of anxiety/mystery.

Any suggestion as to where to start ?

Thanks

If you are lookng for free music, there was formerly a link here on muvipix that took you to http://www.shockwave-sound.com where,
in exchange for your email address, you got to download, if memory serves, about $40 of free music consisting of both a full track plus a number of loops.

I don't know where that link is now; also, it just occurred to me that I am not sure whether muvipix membership is required to get the free stuff via that link.

I believe Ron would be the one to answer those questions.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks to all for the suggestion.

I shall try and report back when I have explore them

Cheers
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 am

Bill Hunt wrote:Ryan,

One can then purchase just the musical cut needed, or the disc, with all of that theme on it.

How can I just purchase one or two songs ? I saw them selling at $99 per disc. If say there are 15 songs in the disc, how do I purchase say 2 or 3 songs in the list ? What is the sound file format is ?

Steve Grisetti wrote:SmartSound is a great solution, Hunt. In fact, that's exactly how it's designed to work.

You decide how long you want your clip to be, what type of mood or transitional mood you want and it creates a custom music clip for you.

The challenge, as Hunt pointed out, is that the SmartSound QuickTracks that comes bundled with version 7 only includes a handful of music clips. Others need to be purchased individually or as a set on a disc. (These discs can be a great value, even at $99 each, if you use a lot of music, as you can see on the SmartSound web site at http://www.smartsound.com/ )

Thanks Steve,

smartsound.com is a great site. The sound are awesome.

I tried to register and be a member but it always ask me for my "Sonicfire 4 Serial Number" which I do not have ! How do I get this number to fill in ?

And why is it we must install some software when all I need is to download (& pay of cos) ?

I am getting lost in the website. Any ideas ?

But, Ryan, dig around the music on our Products page here at Muvipix. We've got a great collection -- and it's all free to our members -- and there's more being added regularly.

Chances are that, between the music listed under SD Motion Backgrounds, HD Motion Backgrounds and under General Muvipix Music, you should be able to find something pretty close to what you need! (I'm not exactly sure what tone you're looking for. But, for instance, "Great Show" might be a nice transition from dramatic to happy.)

Yes, hopefully I can find something. :-D
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 am

Bill Hunt wrote: Many will be free and the rest fairly inexpensively priced.

Personally, I always go to SmartSound first, but I have most of their library already.

Good luck,

Hunt

Hi Bill,

I have been to the Smart Sound website as recommended by you. They are awesome.

I have identified about 3 tracks that I like as below:

(1)
Cinematic
Album Name: Dramatic Underscore
From Series: Audio Pallete Series
Track Name: Not Afraid to Run

(2)
Cinematic
Album Name: Heroic Overtures
From Series: Strata Series
Track Name: Combined Force

(3)
Documentary
Album Name: Intrigue/Myths/Legends(PS14)
From Series: Producer Series
Track Name: Cliffhanger

But all these 3 tracks are in different disc.

How do I purchase the track individually ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 am

As I said in my private message, Ryan, as far as I know you can only buy individual tracks with SmartSound Quicktracks.

Fortunately, it's a free download which should work with any version of Premiere Elements. (It's already integrated in version 7)
http://www.smartsound.com/premiere/
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:56 am

Thanks Steve for the tips image056

But can I ask whether I can use the track in Sony Vegas as well ?
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:15 am

I would expect so. But that might be a better question for a Vegas or Smartsound expert.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Sony Vegas does not have Smartsound... you would need to get Sonicfire Pro Express which comes free when you order one of the music discs, although it is not intergrated into Vegas.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Paul LS wrote:Sony Vegas does not have Smartsound... you would need to get Sonicfire Pro Express which comes free when you order one of the music discs, although it is not intergrated into Vegas.

Hi Paul,

You do not need to purchase the disc.

I am happy to report that when I downloaded the tracks from Adobe Elements, I am able to direct it to save to my specific sound folder. Then when I launched Vegas, I am able to import the track from the specific sound folder into Vegas and it works !

:-5
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Music ~~ & Video