They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Music for thrilling/danger situation

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Re: Music for thrilling/danger situation

Postby ryan_khoo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:56 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:
ryan_khoo wrote:
Bob wrote:http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Thanks Bob but the program says it cannot save becos I need to get some "LAME" files but It cannot find.

Any ideas ?

From the Audacity page you need to install the LAME encoder also. Then in Audacity you have to set it up under preferences.
I think most of the instructions are in my Audacity tutorials.

Yes, I just realized your Audacity tutorial comes in 3 parts. I shall watch the other 2 parts.

Thanks Chuck.
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Ryan, You only need to open the WMV from the web page link above.
When Windows Media Player opens the file to play just right click at the top of the player, select File/Save As, and save the WMV file to your hard drive.
Then import the file into your Premiere Elements project, add it to the timeline, right click on the file and select 'Delete Video', done :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Ryan, You only need to open the WMV from the web page link above.
When Windows Media Player opens the file to play just right click at the top of the player, select File/Save As, and save the WMV file to your hard drive.
Then import the file into your Premiere Elements project, add it to the timeline, right click on the file and select 'Delete Video', done :)

Hi Chuck,

I know this sound silly to you but I am puzzled.

I clicked the WMV from the webpage link. Windows Media Player did not open up. Instead, the windows inside Firefox turns black and then it runs the wmv video inside the Firefox window (ie the black space). Thus, I cannot do a File/Save As

Any ideas ?

Thanks

EDIT: Now it is getting embarassing for me. I change to Internet Exploere and this time Windows Media Player opens up and play the wmv file. I am embarassed to ask you how to do a File/Save As ?

All I have at the top of the Tabs are NOW PLAYING, LIBRARY, RIP, BURN SYNC MEDIA GUIDE"

And when I right click, it only has the following 3 options available:

1) Show Video
2) Video Size
3) Full Screen

How do I do a File/Save As. I think I seriously need HELP here.

HELP HELP HELP

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:48 am

More or less directly underneath the SYNC tab you should see a little rectangle which when you place your mouse cursor over it it diplsys 'Layout Options'. Click on the 'Show Calssic Menus' option and you should see the standard Windows toolbar.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 am

Not to worry Ryan, that is why we are here :)

Right click at the very top of the Media Player window, away from the buttons as below

Media Player Save As.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:44 am

Ryan,

There should also be an option to run the WMP with "classic" interface. This brings up the full Menu bar at the top of the screen. It seems that with each new version, the interface becomes more "streamlined," and various choices are hidden, like under the MS log for some. Maybe it's 'cause I'm an old guy, but I like to see my controls, so I always go the "classic" route. Now, if only PE4 and above had that option... but I digress.

That is one thing that I love about Photoshop. If I want a clean-screen display, I can use TAB to hide everything else. Still, upon start, "everything else" is there.

Reminds me of the first "streamlined" interface that I encountered, Kai's PowerTools. One had to do a "pixel search," to find any controls. Also, there were no "tool tips," or anything. It was all hit-n-miss. You could get some interesting effects, but could not save pre-sets, or ever get back to where you were, 'cause you did not know "where you were," or how you got there. It was more of a visual "game," than a tool. I see this happening more and more and am not a fan.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Thanks John & Bill, I finally am able to get the File > Save As to work. I wonder why WMP wants to hide the tabs.

Special thanks also goes to Chuck for taking the trouble to post a picture to show me where to click on the WMP, a picture really tells a thousand words :-D

Thanks to all, I finally can save it. :-5

Cheeers
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Previous

Return to Music ~~ & Video