They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Christmas Music

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Christmas Music

Postby momoffduty » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Christmas is over, but thought everyone is busy putting together their videos/pics and a thread on music would be good. Just finished my Christmas DVD and used songs:

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Nutcracker - 101 Strings Orchestra (daughter's suggestion) for titles and DVD template
Christmas Song, Raveonettes (thnx ed) for a special section
All I Want for Christmas is You, Mariah Carey for the rolling credits

Would like to hear suggestions on what others are using.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Christmas Music

Postby Rockdoc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:21 pm

I used the Jingle Bells theme in the Products section here at Muvipix for both my video Christmas Card to family and friends and the "Christmas Messages from Home" video I sent to my husband's deployed squadron.
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:26 pm

There is some really nice stuff on the Home Alone soundtrack.
I really like anything from Gloria Estefan's Christmas album, Denver and the Mile High Orchestra, and the Carpenters Christmas.
I will use something from all of those at some point in the next month or so.

Take a listen to some of the tracks from Denver's album, great horns and some of the renditions are very unique :)
http://www.amazon.com/Timeless-Christmas/dp/B000QQZRE2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_and ... _Orchestra
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Doreen L. » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:43 pm

The Gloria Estefan (I have the cassette. :-D ) and Home Alone albums are two of my most, most, favorites.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Rockdoc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:23 pm

Since I have 1 and 3 year olds, I will probably be using the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas album when I get going. I want to edit this one soon and send it out to my husband.
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby jassnaround » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:51 am

I have been collecting very old Christmas songs for several years now. I have been putting them on CDs for my family and friends, but this year I have decided to move onto the internet and also to put some old 78's out there that are not currently available anywhere else. I am in the process of recording some 78s now and already have Christmas songs from old cylinders and 78s on my blog, available for download. I have worked on the songs to remove the noise and make them more enjoyable (at least, to me) to listen to. My blog is at http://AntiqueChristmasMusic.blogspot.com. Come visit.
jassnaround
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks for sharing Jassn :)

Very nice blog you have there!
One of my favorite older Christmas songs, although only from the 50's is Joe Ward's 'I'm Gettin' Nothin' For Christmas'.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cdeemer » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:12 pm

Well, the Three Big Xmas Songs in my book are: Clyde McPhatter and the Drifters' version of White Xmas ... and Chuck Berry's Run Run Rudolph, ... Christmas Tears by Freddy King ("I hear sleigh bells ringing but I haven't heard a word from you in years"). Not too sentimental I guess ha ha.
Editor, Oregon Literary Review
Artistic Director, Small Screen Video
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Music ~~ & Video