They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

jchandler - format

Talk about anything audio here. From video narration to podcasting, MP3s to MP4s - whatever your flavor, this is the place.

jchandler - format

Postby jchandler » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:40 pm

I had asked about getting my movies from my Sony DCR-SR42, camcorder. I have both Premier 3 and 4 - and get the same response when I try to import a move. Error part of the information not available. Video compression format = MPEG2. Audio Colby Digital 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo creator. Hard disk - 30 GB. Recording format - MPEG2-PS. When they download I can play them on my computer - but I can't import them into Premiere elements.
When I download the movies to a folder on my desk they go to Sony Motion Picture Browser which play fine. When I download to and empty file -- 2 images appear on the screen. The one with the movie just says MPEG. Any help I could get would be great. By the way, I also purchased Chuck's book and It's a godsend - and the way to get started. I used it for my videos with my regular digital camera. Helen
jchandler
New User
New User

Re: jchandler - format

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:56 pm

You should at least be able to import the video files into a Premiere Elements project, even if they arent the perfect format for editing. Are you using the Get Media feature to import the video (as opposed to File/Open)?

The better solution though would be to convert those MPEGs to DV-AVIs before you bring them into Premiere Elements. If you do this, the whole editing process will go much more smoothly with fewer possible problems.

You can convert the files with the free downloap MPEGstreamclip. These settings will give you the best results.
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc4800e
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Editing / Conversion / Formats