They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Best Program for DVD Labels

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Re: Best Program for DVD Labels

Postby Ken Jarstad » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:50 pm

I use both Acoustica, previously mentioned, and Sure Thing Labeler http://www.surething.com/ST/. Both are about $25 USD. I usually make labels from vidcaps and sometimes one of those apps can do something the other can't. I haven't found a label printing app that does everything well, yet.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Bobby wrote:
Briantho wrote:...Canon printers that have the option...

Not sure where you are Rusty, but US printers don't usually have the CD/DVD print tray due to some patent issue I believe (getting old - don't remember!). Epson was the only manufacturer that seemed to have them. I just took a quick look through the canonusa website and didn't see any printers that had the CD/DVD print capability.

I have an HP D5160. I think HP still makes a model with a cd/dvd tray.
The reason I use Acoustica is that the HP software supplied with the printer doesn't work. HP support suggested that I try a third party software application, as they were unable to get the HP software to work. #-o
Peru

Postby Ken Jarstad » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:12 pm

I have the HP D5160 also. The supplied HP label printing software works for me but is not nearly as versatile as the 3rd party apps. The HP will take in a photo and not allow adjustments for position, size and so on. I sometimes use 2 or 3 photos on the same label so I appreciate the layers capability in 3rd party apps.

The D5160 is merely adequate for low volume of labels. According to HP I have already used up my printer's lifetime label printing capability! HP says one label a month, or something like that. Strictly hobby use. When this one goes bad I have my eye on the HP 7560. For a few bucks more it looks to be a better machine.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bobby » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:43 pm

Good to hear there are some HP models sold in the states that print labels. I really am not in love with the R220 - I find the carrier awkward and the usual Epson jet clogging problems to be very annoying. When it goes, it goes and not a tear will be shed.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 pm

I have been using a program called NEATO for years. I have also used their paper labels for years without incident. I purchased an R220 approx 2 1/2 years ago. So I do not use paper labels any longer, but I do not have any horror stories to report. Also, take a look at the Neato software. They now have a web version, but I am still using a much older version, but it supports the R220.

Good luck,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to DVD Authoring