They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Delay when selecting button

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Re: Delay when selecting button

Postby Peru » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Bobby,

No problem, as in "It worked without delay".
I seriously doubt that they actually tried it on a stand alone dvd player, they probably only played it on a computer drive.
Peru

Postby Bobby » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Peru wrote:Bobby,

No problem, as in "It worked without delay".
I seriously doubt that they actually tried it on a stand alone dvd player, they probably only played it on a computer drive.

Sorry you didn't get better support. But it does beg the question: If it runs OK on a PC, why not on a player?
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:59 pm

So, let's update:

One of my VCR/DVD players started eating tapes (none important, thank goodness), so I purchased a new one with a digital tuner (not all of us have cable or dish service ;)) to eliminate one of my A/D converter boxes.

When I played the projects that had a long delay on the old players, there was only minimal delay after using menu buttons. So I guess that maybe it is a "player issue", after all.

I noticed one other issue, however: Sometimes, but not always, about the first second of the the audio is clipped off of the introduction media which plays before the main menu. This only happens on the new player.

I seem to remember that somebody here recommended starting projects with 2 seconds of black video with no audio. Would this be why it was suggested?
Peru

Postby Bobby » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks for the update. It is interesting that you are seeing such inconsistency in button response. I don't recall ever having or seeing that.

As far as the blank 2 seconds requirement, ditto. I don't and never found a reason to do it. On the other hand, I always use a gentle fade-in at the start of a new segment anyhow.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Bobby wrote:
As far as the blank 2 seconds requirement, ditto. I don't and never found a reason to do it. On the other hand, I always use a gentle fade-in at the start of a new segment anyhow.

I usually do, too, however, in in this case it has a better effect when not fading in.
Peru

Previous

Return to DVD Authoring