They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Layout

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

DVD Layout

Postby websurfer » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:58 am

Am using PE 3.

Have burned a copy of my videos using PE 3 and the video was excellent.

My situation is as follows:

1. Have 14 different video clips that have been edited and are ready to burned to DVD.

How do you setup the Main Menu or Scene Select to indicate that there are 14 different videos that involve 14 different subjects?

More specifically, if I were to use just the scene select portion of the DVD layout, how would you layout this out so you can individually click on each video and go to just that video? An example would be, if you had 14 different video clips on brakes, exhaust, steering, etc. and it is under one subject titled Servicing your Car.

Would I need to use Abobe Photoshop to create this layout, Roxio or another program or can this be done in PE3?

Please advise.

Paul
websurfer
New User
New User

Re: DVD Layout

Postby Paul LS » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:37 am

See this Steve's Tips on DVD markers:
http://videoinasnap.chuckengels.com/sou ... _04-06.htm
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: DVD Layout

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:16 pm

Yep. The DVD main menu, scene menu and stop markers are the key to linking to several mini-movies within the same project.

But all of that could be done within Premiere Elements DVD authoring system. The only reason you'd need to create a custom template (which would involve opening the template in Photoshop Elements) would be if you, for instance, wanted to fit all 14 scenes on one menu page or even more than a couple on the DVD main menu page.

But, if you don't mind those 14 scenes spreading over a couple of pages of menus, you can use one of the existing templates, and it should be a snap.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Authoring