They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Odd Video File Problem

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Odd Video File Problem

Postby Greg mgm » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:44 pm

I made a 51 minute MPEG video file in PE3 that has been used to make DVD's. I'm presently using Nero to burn with, and all has been fine until today. I burned some DVDs, and one of the clips displays lower than the rest of the clips. The video is in 16:9, and on the offending clip it looks as if the top black bar doubles in height, and the lower one disappears, making the video appear lower on my TV screen for that 8 second clip. The rest of the video plays fine. All previous burns have been fine using this video file. If I play the file on my computer, it shows the odd clip problem now. It seems odd that the file has changed.....I went back to PE3 to re- check the project, and that clip is fine in the project. So, now I'm re- rendering the project. Weird! Any ideas how this could happen?
Greg mgm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Odd Video File Problem

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:50 pm

That is a very strange one Greg....(insert Twilight Zone music)

Enter Rod Serling: 'In a world where media files have their own mind and can change at will, you have now entered....'
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:53 pm

Even creepier if Greg encoded his master DVD files to a folder on his hard drive and all of the copies were burnt from those same files...
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Greg mgm » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

I thought about that and got the chills! Luckily the odd Twilight Zone thing isn't on the DVD's that I sold....(whew!) I always keep a copy from each batch I burn, and they're all OK....... But, I keep hearing that dang TZ music!!! Maybe better than "Jaws" music. :-({|=
Greg mgm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to DVD Authoring