They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to convert WMVHD to DV Widescreen?

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: How to convert WMVHD to DV Widescreen?

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:46 pm

The title wouldn't, shouldn't, affect it.

I've been able to import WMVHD, that I created with Microsoft Expressions, into Premiere 7 and 9. I don't have 8 installed. I found a converter that can convert the file to MPEG-2 or any number of other formats, just not DV-AVI. Once you have converted it to MPEG-2, you can convert that to DV-AVI, or try using the MPEG-2 in your project. The MPEG-2 file created by Freemake is progressive.

http://www.freemake.com
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: How to convert WMVHD to DV Widescreen?

Postby Margthecar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks for the info. I think there is simply something goofy about this particular file, because the test WMVHD from another forum member worked fine. I ended up going back to the source of the video, another parent in my son's class, and getting him to reburn it in MOV format, which I have no trouble with. If I end up with a troublesome WMV movie again, I can try your proposed method.
2.66 GHz Intel i7-920, 12 GB RAM, NVIDIA GT440 1GB DDR5 (unlocked), 750 GB SATA HD (internal), 1TB HD (external), Win7 64-bit, SD DV-AVI source video (still playing with HD), PrE8, CS5
Margthecar

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks