They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Placing Slides from a PSE Album Precisely on a PRE Timeline

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Placing Slides from a PSE Album Precisely on a PRE Timeline

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:03 pm

As Steve says in his book on Elements 7, when creating slide shows PS7E and PRE7 work really well together.

I've been sitting here all day creating a 30-minute video that consists of both clips and stills, in addition to audio (which explains why I've made so many posts today). Because all the HD slides that I am using in the project reside in a PSE Album, it is a simple matter for me to select some for use on the PRE Timeline.

At this point in the audio, the beat has quickened, and I would like to place a slide at each one of the unnumbered markers I have just placed to the beat of the music on the Timeline. I count 16 markers, so I go to my open PSE Album, which has automatically numbered each of the slides within it, and I shift-click 16 slides. I right-click the selecton and choose Send to Premiere Elements.

The 16 slides are now on my PRE7 Timeline at the end of the video track on which the clips are located--but there is a large gap between the last clip and the group of slides because of the intervening audio track.

No problem, I right-click on the empty portion of the track between the last clip and the group of 16 slides and then I select Delete and Close Gap. In an instant, PRE7 has placed the first of the 16 slides precisely where it belongs as the end of the last clip on the Timeline.

Because my default slide duration and transition duration (and my default transition) were previously chosen under Edit>Preferences in PRE7, there is no need for me to drag transitions onto the slides, Instead, all I need do is drag the ends of the slides--more precisely, the beginning of the transitions that are attached to each of the slides--to where I want them in relation to the unnumbered markers and Voila! I've got 16 slides set to the beat of the music in a matter of a minute or two.

:TU:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Placing Slides from a PSE Album Precisely on a PRE Timeline

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:57 am

Very nice, George!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Placing Slides from a PSE Album Precisely on a PRE Timeline

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Very nice, George!

Steve, working with PSE and PRE together reminds me of how I felt when MSW came out: Now, instead of working with individual words when writing, I could manipulate, in an instant, whole paragraphs of text, or even multiple paragraphs.

Every day that I use them, I continue to be amazed by, when used together, what the two programs are capable of.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tips and Tricks