They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

settings for email versions of Quicktime files

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

settings for email versions of Quicktime files

Postby spressman » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:15 pm

I've just edited a lengthier PE7 project down to a two-minute trailer, which I'd now like to e-mail around to some folks.

Using Share, I've created both Quicktime and WMV versions, with 640x480 as the dimensions. But upon playback, I noticed that the Quicktime version, in particular, looks very low res, especially during fade in/outs and other transitions in the clip. Is that just the price of scaling a large file down to a size that can easily be emailed to someone? Or is there a way to tweak the settings so that I can get a little better quality in a Quicktime file?

thanks,
steve
spressman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: settings for email versions of Quicktime files

Postby ed » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:42 pm

I wouldn't email a video file. I usually delete emails with large attachments unless it's something I asked for. I suggest uploaded here and emailing a link to the video, or uploading it to a site like vimeo.com which has privacy settings (in case you don't want the video to be public).
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:12 pm

You also have private settings here in our Gallery, too, but I agree with Ed. It's not yet time for video email. Upload it and send your friends/family a mere link.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ed » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:50 am

My lack of command of the english language was on full display again Ron :) . I was trying to say both Muvipix and Vimeo offer security settings.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Tips and Tricks