They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Everything at your fingertips

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Everything at your fingertips

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 am

Hi everyone

Do you ever find yourself having to open a multitude of different folders during the creation of your photoshop or premier elements projects? I have my music in one, photos spread across hundreds of folders, video files in dozens more and a library of high definition and SD cut aways that I have built up over time. Thats a lot of mouse movement and clicking to find what I need at times. Yes I have a whole host of shortcuts setup but you need to have the screen real-estate to manage them all and I like to work with a clear desktop.

I recently started using a piece of software called launchy and I can report that it saves me huge amounts of time. Basically once installed everything on your computer is only ever a few key presses away. You can decide what launchy is allowed to find and launch. If I am in the middle of a photoshop elements project and need to access layouts etc all I have to do is hold the alt key and press the spacebar to activate launchy. You get a small window pop up and you just type a few characters of the name of whatever you need to find and hey presto its there on the screen for you. Its totally free but your able to donate to the guy who wrote it if you think its worth it. I liked it so much that I paid him.

Just thought I would share. ::C

Here is a link to a review. It was recommended by Gizmos freeware reviews http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-program-launcher.htm
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Everything at your fingertips

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Very nice recommendation, shrimpfarmer!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks