They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Which Nero Program Is Used to Burn Blu-ray Disc from MPEG2?

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Which Nero Program Is Used to Burn Blu-ray Disc from MPEG2?

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:38 am

I downloaded the trial version of Nero 9 which includes a number of programs.

Which one is for burning a Blu-ray disc from HD MPEG2 files? (There are no help files included with the download.)

Thanks in advance!
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Which Nero Program Is Used to Burn Blu-ray Disc from MPEG2?

Postby Paul LS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:42 am

Nero Vision George.

You may also want to try out Corel DVD Moviefactory... http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ ... bview=tab6
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 am

Paul LS wrote:Nero Vision George.

You may also want to try out Corel DVD Moviefactory... http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ ... bview=tab6

I also downloaded Corel but I can't figure out how to use it. I don't see any instruction for burning other than a Data Blu-ray. Whch of the programs should I select?

And when I open Nero Vision and look at "What Would You Like to Do?" I don't see any option to burn a Blu-ray disc.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:17 am

You open Nero StartSmart, then select "Create and Edit", then select "Author, Edit and Capture Video", then select "Make Blu-ray Disc", "Blu-ray Video". If you open Nero Vision directly just select "Make Blu-ray Disc".

In Corel DVD Moviefactory, select "New Video Project", select "Create Video Disc", "Blu-ray" Here you can select to create either a BDAV or BDMV disc.

At this stage in both programs you can add your HD video to the timeline .
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:03 am

Paul LS wrote:You open Nero StartSmart, then select "Create and Edit", then select "Author, Edit and Capture Video", then select "Make Blu-ray Disc", "Blu-ray Video". If you open Nero Vision directly just select "Make Blu-ray Disc".

Paul, there is no option to burn a Blu-ray in the trial version, only "Make DVD."

Paul LS wrote:In Corel DVD Moviefactory, select "New Video Project", select "Create Video Disc", "Blu-ray" Here you can select to create either a BDAV or BDMV disc.

When I go to Add Media and click on a HD MPEG2 file (m2t format), I get the message that the file is "not accessible" despite the fact that I have chosen All Formats as the Files of Type in the bottom dropdown.

The version of PowerProducer that I already have burns only BD-RE re-writable discs in BDAV format, not BD-R, which is what I use--and I don't see that a demo version of the upgrade is offered.

At the moment I'm looking at the Roxio site, and I don't see any opportunity to download a trial--only to buy.

](*,)
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 am

You are not having any luck are you George... :pull:

Maybe the NERO trial does not support HD Blu-ray video burning.

With Corel DVD Moviefactory, I open a new Blu-ray project select Add Media and I can add .m2t files without issue. Not sure why you cant do this #-o
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:53 am

Paul LS wrote:With Corel DVD Moviefactory, I open a new Blu-ray project select Add Media and I can add .m2t files without issue. Not sure why you cant do this #-o

On the Free Trial page it is written that when I purchase the full version I will also receive Ulead BD DiscRecorder 2.7, yet at the top of the page it is stated that the trial is a fully functional version, specifically DVD Movie Factory Plus, which is the version that does HD, so I'm confused.

I'm further confused when, after following the instruction to first insert into the drive the type of disc that I will be using (a BD-R) I get the message "The applicaiton associated with the Launcher is corrupted. Pleae reinstall to solve this problem." It doesn't say which program so I took the following actions: 1) repaired the Corel program and 2) checked that the burner is functioning properly--but I then got the same message again.

](*,)
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Now that you mention it, Nero has a Blu-ray plug-in that has to be purchased separately for $9.99.

http://www.nero.com/enu/store-blu-ray-disc-authoring.html
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Are you sure that does not come with the full version Robert?? I thought you needed to buy it for the Essentials version of NERO if you wanted Blu-ray support.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:17 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:Now that you mention it, Nero has a Blu-ray plug-in that has to be purchased separately for $9.99.

http://www.nero.com/enu/store-blu-ray-disc-authoring.html

Thanks for the link, RJ, however, I noted the following on the page for the plug-in: "Save considerable amount of time when creating Blu-ray Disc from AVCHD video sources using SmartEncodingz" [sic]

Does that mean smart encoding is available only with an AVCHD video source, in other words, not with HDV?

Even if it does mean that, shouldn't I spend the $9.99 anyway and use the plug-in with the trial vesion of Nero 9 that I've already downloaded to determine whether it can burn a blu-ray with menus but without adding the red frames?

Paul, your thoughts also, please.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Nero smart-renders both AVCHD and HDV MPEG2. If it smart-renders AVCHD when burning to Blu-ray then I would assume it would also smart-render HDV MPEG2... however I dont burn Blu-ray discs so cant confirm it.

I wouldn't buy the plug-in... it might not work in the trial version. And I think the plug-ins come with the full version, they did with NERO 8 which I have. They have to be activated, and that might be the problem with the trial version, you cant activate it.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Paul LS wrote:Nero smart-renders both AVCHD and HDV MPEG2. If it smart-renders AVCHD when burning to Blu-ray then I would assume it would also smart-render HDV MPEG2... however I dont burn Blu-ray discs so cant confirm it.

I wouldn't buy the plug-in... it might not work in the trial version. And I think the plug-ins come with the full version, they did with NERO 8 which I have. They have to be activated, and that might be the problem with the trial version, you cant activate it.

Paul, I have a license/serial number for 8 even though I never downloaded it, so I believe I qualify for the 9 upgrade for $49.99--AND I noted that both 9 and the plug-in come with 30-day money back guarantees, so it appears I have nothing to lose by trying it/them.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Paul LS wrote:And I think the plug-ins come with the full version, they did with NERO 8 which I have. They have to be activated, and that might be the problem with the trial version, you cant activate it.

Paul, I activated the trial version and you are correct, the button to burn Blu-ray appears after activation, however it still seemed I needed to download the plug-in. I'm assembling my shorter movies on the Timeline now.

BTW, I want to put 20 seconds between them on the Timeline but can't figure out how to do so. I tried unchecking "Snap timeline items to each other" but then I could not get them back together again. Also, how do I move the CTI from one edit point to another: I don't see a button for that like in PRE. Do I work in the Sceneline instead? finally, once I have the Timeline completed, how do I move it to the disc and then add motion menu buttons?

RJ, please feel free to chime in.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 pm

With Nero Vision, you just keep clicking the Next button to progress to the next step. If you want to do something on the timeline, you have to select "Make Movie" when that step comes up. As you progress by clicking "Next," a default menu will be automatically applied with a button. Of course you can change that. I don't regularly use Nero Vision for creating DVD's. I have an awareness of some of it's features but not an intimate detailed knowlege of them.

For the 20 second gap, you can add a bitmap or jpeg to the project. Then once the bitmap is on the timeline, you can extend it.

If I can spend $9.99 for the plug-in, so can you. And I don't even have a AVCHD camcorder.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:48 am

RJ Johnston wrote:With Nero Vision, you just keep clicking the Next button to progress to the next step. If you want to do something on the timeline, you have to select "Make Movie" when that step comes up. As you progress by clicking "Next," a default menu will be automatically applied with a button. Of course you can change that. I don't regularly use Nero Vision for creating DVD's. I have an awareness of some of it's features but not an intimate detailed knowlege of them.

For the 20 second gap, you can add a bitmap or jpeg to the project. Then once the bitmap is on the timeline, you can extend it.

If I can spend $9.99 for the plug-in, so can you. And I don't even have a AVCHD camcorder.

Thanks for the reply, RJ.

Regardng the plug-in, I did not download it initially because it seemed that Paul is correct that it's part of the 9 activation, and I try my best to never put anything on my computer until I'm certain I need it. But, as I further explored the program it did begin to appear that some functionality was missing, so I downloaded the plug-in. Thank very much for providing that link, as Nero's documentation is woefully insufficient. In fact, there is NO DOCUMENTATION in the Help files that come with the program. Instead, one is advised to go on to the web site to access PDF files, however, when I attempt to open them, they are blocked by my system and therefore difficult to access.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Next

Return to Tips and Tricks