They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

animated objects and titling

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

animated objects and titling

Postby fishmor » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:16 pm

I've been using Pre 8 and 10 for a couple of years and I want to get fancier with titles, animated objects etc. I downloaded a trial version of vegas pro 11 which has the new blue titler, but I am looking for options to use with Premiere Elements (new blue titler isn't compatible) - are there any good programs/plug-ins out there that are compatible with premiere elements 10? I guess I'm not ready to commit to Vegas Pro yet - looking at PRE Pro also ::C - I do mostly hunting videos, some weddings and special events. Any suggestions would be appreciated - Eric
fishmor
New User
New User

Re: animated objects and titling

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:23 am

Some folk use Bluff Titler so that may be worth a look. Also have a look at Heroglyph.

http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html

http://www.prodad.com/home/products/vid ... l-us.xhtml
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby fishmor » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Thanks much John - I assume Bluff Titler projects will slip right into premiere elements 10? Oh yes it exports as AVI - looks like I can create my own animations with Bixangelo as well - I want to make stuff fly around and in and out of my projects - whether it's an arrow, a bullet, 3D text, or whatever. Basically I want to make stuff that looks like what I see on the sportmans channel on a limited budget :-D Hieroglyph looks a little spendy at first glance, but maybe I would be able to get more out of it. Thanks again, Eric

what do you think of my computer specs - AMD phenom II 945 quad, 1 1TB WD HD, 1 2 TB Seagate HD, LG Blu-Ray burner, 8 G RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5450 5 MB graphics card
fishmor
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi Eric,
Heroglyph is a plug in for Premiere Elements or Pro. You can use it from inside of Premiere or stand alone. I have used it for about 4 years and have not even come close to learning everything it can do. I have been really happy with the software and have found that I have been able to accomplish anything I've been able to think up :)

I've also heard many good things about Bluff Titler, lots of folks here use it.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:42 am

BluffTitler is your best "bang for the buck" as far as price goes.
There is a bit of a learning curve, as there is with most any software.

One of the biggest advantages of BluffTitler is the Shows that come with it and those available for free in the Gallery on the website. You can use the tool window to analyze a Show to see how things are done and then customize it to your needs. You can, with a little creativity, also create motion backgrounds by using plasma or particle layers.

Bixelangelo is great for making titles that move on a path, as you've already stated. One nice feature is that you can place an image in the background to use to trace a path and then remove the image.
Peru

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:41 am

Peru wrote:BluffTitler is your best "bang for the buck" as far as price goes.

I'm not so sure I would agree with that completely, Heroglyph gives you a lot of functionality and preset animations (100's of them).

BluffTitler is an excellent product for the price I agree, but you get a whole lot of bang in Heroglyph for the money.
I personally think that Heroglyph is also much easier to learn and use, right from the start.

Lot's of people go with BluffTitler because of the price but be sure to take a close look at all of the options.

Download the trail versions and give them a test drive. If you need to buy 2 or 3 applications to do everything you want to do then it isn't cost effective anymore if you can find a single product that can do it all for a little bit more $$.

Anyway, just be sure you get something that fits your editing style and what you need :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:
Download the trail versions and give them a test drive.

Anyway, just be sure you get something that fits your editing style and what you need :)

Great suggestion. I forgot that there are trial versions.
Peru

Postby fishmor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:00 am

thanks guys -
fishmor
New User
New User

Return to Tips and Tricks