They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Studio Transition

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Postby Stregga » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:35 pm

Don't sweat it Bob I figured out what you were saying. I realize that we would for the most part multiply values (ie. 16,32,64,128,256 etc.) so I figured you were saying 1024x768.

By the way, I forgot that I did have to make an adjustment to the picture. Odd to me, maybe one of you can explain, but when I brought the photo in @ 720x480 it didn't even fill the safe are of PE3's monitor. So I had to increase the Scale from 100 to 187 in the Motion Keyframes. Again, it looked fine to start, but not during the swivel. However from what you guys are saying I should try a larger pic.

Got it, but can you explain to me why a Pic that is 720x480 doesn't fill the monitor when a video with the same dimensions does?

Is it possible that the resolution needs to be changed on the images? I know that we can change the photo size, but still retain high resolution in PS so long as the original image contains the information.

If resolution is the problem, what is the best setting so that it provides a better quality picture without bogging PE3 down?

Also do you guys have any input on my question for resolution? Is there an optimal setting for pics?
Gateway GM5664 Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz, 1TB HDD (2 x 500GB) 3.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400XT (256MB OBM) Realtek HDSC Dual 19" Monitor Display
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Stregga » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:49 pm

Chuck and Bob, the picture did get much clearer when I increased the size of the picture to 1024x768. Thanks
Gateway GM5664 Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz, 1TB HDD (2 x 500GB) 3.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400XT (256MB OBM) Realtek HDSC Dual 19" Monitor Display
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Maxine370 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:56 pm

Have you tried unchecking the scale to frame size (right click your mouse while you are on the clip). You may need to adjust the sizing in motion controls since this will make your image much bigger at 100 but you should find this clears up your resolution issues.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:17 pm

Good suggestion Beth :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chris B » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:48 pm

Stregga wrote:Sorry Chris, but I am still getting used to using the forum and all of it's tools. I couldn't find each of the standard files you posted, I'm kindof a dummy :roll: Where are they exactly? Are they right on that post? If they are, man do I feel dumb!!

Sorry to come in late - damned timezones. I chose some of the files that were available free from the gallery. You can just search for them under the "complimentary" section.

Anyway, Chris I have to ask, how long did it take you to figure this out? I am blown away by how you figured out what order to place each of the clips. I must have taken a good hour or so to study each of the clips and what they do, and at first glance some didn't make sense to me. However after stepping through each clip slowly I saw how the effect would not work if it wasn't just so. It would have taken me forever...or maybe never to figure such a setup. How long?

I sort of get a problem and then think about it for a couple of days on and off and sometimes I get inspiration. I don't know how long I took to think about that one - I've had a baby since then and your mind ... goes... a little. It's just a matter of taking the building blocks that PE gives you and putting them together till they fit right. :)

The Track Matte is probably the most powerful tool in PE - so very versatile and Basic3D and Chromakey are a close second.

Chris, I turned the skew key off in the Transform effect then on, and I couldn't see a visibal difference in the effect. Is this because I did not render or is it that minimal of an adjustment? Did you put it in to have it perfectly aligned? I'm thinking I can't see the small defect by turning this off, but you may.

This
is what happens if you don't use the transform. The blue reflection is out of line.
Chris B

Postby Stregga » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:23 pm

Beth, thanks for the suggestion, that made an even greater improvement on the resolution. Wouldn't have thought of that, then again, didn't even know about it. Thanks to you though, I do now!!! :eek:

Bob, thanks for replying again, and I know exactly what you mean about your mind going a bit after having a child. Got 2 of my own. Love'em to death, but man do they make your head spin! :roll:

But thanks for the pic to CLEARLY identify the defect as a result of turning off the transform key.
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Studio Transition

Postby Stregga » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:22 pm

Chris, I hope I'm not driving you nuts, but beleive it or not...I've got another question. I am trying to use your studio effect on my project and I have added two additional tracks to my timeline which has caused each of the clips and their settings to be bumped up 2 tracks. Otherwise, everything is exactly the same as yours. I have verified that both clips that create the reflection have the track matte adjusted accordingly so they reference the right track, however I don't acheive the effect. Instead I get the color matte showing through. Any idea why this is?
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Studio Transition

Postby Chris B » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:08 pm

This seems to be a problem with the Track Matte (at least in PE2). If you move the track mattes around (or try to) after you've used them then it all goes wrong. Most times I've found it better to start again. (Probably not what you wanted to here). :(
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks