They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Tip about Tips

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:58 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:With the book now nearly two years old, I wonder how everyone would feel about our simply posting that information in our Products area here.

Chuck? Ron? I know the book itself is copyrighted, so we couldn't post it in layout form. But we could at least post a Word doc or PDF of the information as reference guide and a service to our fellow Muvipixians.

Any thoughts?

Steve,
It might be time to do it. After reading the posts, I decided to register my book. While the website still takes your info (for spamming purposes), the materials are missing from the site. Please see the attached:

[/img]http://mrobinson.smugmug.com/cpg/1490674#191033119-L-LB

Not sure how to embed a picture in this software. My attempts are not working :?:

I have left a message with SAMS to see if their links are just broken. I will advise when they respond.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:26 pm

Vernon, I hate to stray off topic, but I've been trying to get a hold of you since Saturday early morning concerning your membership. PLEASE send me a Private Message letting me know if you still have problems concerning the receipt of your login credentials. I'm thinking that your email client is blocking some muvipix domain emails thinking they are spam.

Also wanted to let you know that your message was responded to in a prompt fashion.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vera S » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:35 pm

Just went to SAMS and tried to download the bonus-material. All I got was the message "Error - page not found". Can anybody help me? I registered in 2006, but lost the files because my computer crashed.
DELL 9150, D 930, 2 GB Ram, 2 160 SATA HD, Nvidia 7900 GS - Panasonic NV-GS 75 - Canon Powershot S 80 - WinXP Prof SP3
Vera S
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:04 pm

I just re-registered the book and had no problems getting to the additional material.
http://www.informit.com/promotions/prom ... omo=135503

But the links on the page do return a 'page not found' error. They may have removed them, if so we should be able to put them in the gallery or the products section.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Vera S » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:16 pm

That is, was happened to me too. It would be nice, if we can download here. Thanks, Chuck!
DELL 9150, D 930, 2 GB Ram, 2 160 SATA HD, Nvidia 7900 GS - Panasonic NV-GS 75 - Canon Powershot S 80 - WinXP Prof SP3
Vera S
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:16 pm

I will discuss with Ron and Chuck the possibility of us putting our extra reference material on line here. I assume, as long we release the materials without using Sams layout, there won't be a copyright issue. It's mostly raw information that was never truly "published" anyway.

Included will be:
A complete list of keyboard shortcuts
A complete list of all transitions with descriptions
A complete list of effects with descriptions

And Chuck may be some more.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:23 pm

I don't have the keyboard shortcuts pdf, but I did upload the Transitions and Effects article along with the Preferences article. There is also a zip file of sample clips from some of the tasks in the book. They are all located in Chuck's Album in the Gallery.

Steve, If you could add the shortcuts article that would be great.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:03 pm

Ron wrote:Vernon, I hate to stray off topic, but I've been trying to get a hold of you since Saturday early morning concerning your membership. PLEASE send me a Private Message letting me know if you still have problems concerning the receipt of your login credentials. I'm thinking that your email client is blocking some muvipix domain emails thinking they are spam.

Also wanted to let you know that your message was responded to in a prompt fashion.

Ron,
Thanks for the follow up. I sent you a separate message. I know you guys are quite prompt so I knew there had to be something wrong. Glad we were able to quickly sort it out. For those who are wondering, the error was totally mine. Too many email accounts :oops:

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks