They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Printing directly to disc, for labels

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Re: Printing directly to disc, for labels

Postby Cinde » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 am

Dave McElderry wrote: I also still have the concern that I might get the template too large and end up with "overspray" so to speak. I notice that your template has graphics that go right out to the edge.

Have you considered scanning the printable white side of one of your blank DVDs to make your own template? Then you will have the correct diameter of the outer and inner edges on the template. From there you should be able to adjust the print guides of the inner/outer Diameter settings on the Epson Print CD. (I have v 1.50A and my presets are 8cm, 12cm, or custom settings.) Overspray is nasty and underspray is ugly!

I have used DVDs with at least 3 different inner diameter sizes. It drives me nuts trying adjust the setting. :dr:
DUH! Why didn't think of making my own templates before now?
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:36 am

EDITED:

FWIW, I use these resources:-

http://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/index.htm

I can make my label in PS then import it into Acoustica for printing or I can use one of the existing Acoustica themes/designs and modify it to suit. The software supports a range of printers as standard, allows customisation of DVD sizes and has 'click' options for ease of horizontal and vertical centreing. A trial version is available. Price is US$21.95

I also download films from a (legitimate) site and if I decide to (legally) burn to a DVD then I use one of these DVD/label libraries:-

http://www.cdcovers.cc/list/dvd/a or here:-

http://covertarget.com/?cat=1&sid=6675
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:22 am

Overspray is nasty and underspray is ugly!

Well said Cinde. I'm using the TY discs right now and buy them in bulk. It wouldn't take much to set a template up using exactly that technique. Once it's set up it should be good for quite a while. Good idea!

John, thanks for the links. I'll check them out.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Bobby » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:25 am

My template is set up to slightly overspray. As soon as it comes out of the printer I wipe the outside and inside ring GENTLY with a tissue. Works fine and doesn't seem to smear anything. But you do see the ink on the tissue, so it was there.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Photoshop Elements